on 26 May 2009
Since going back to university, I have read a number of books on essay writing but most left me more confused about what I was supposed to be doing! I recommend this one as it really starts from the basics and takes you through the whole process from beginning to end. There are even complete essays at the end with notes so you can see exactly what a good essay looks like. It has been a lifesaver!
on 7 November 2009
This book is amazing. It tells you exactly how to write a top essay and includes many tips on planning, note making and tells you how to reference correctly (the proper uni way).

If you will be writing any essays during your course then get this book, as even if you think you are good enough already you may not know that essays for school/college are completely different from essays at uni and this book tells you how different and what you need in a proper essay.
on 11 November 2009
The book provides a good overview on essay writing skills and guides through the whole process.
Especially interesting for international students.
Very helpful is the lecturer's viewpoint which shows what lecturers are looking for in essays.
Written in a very straightforward and entertaining style.
Was both helpful and fun to read this book!
on 24 August 2009
I really liked the way this book is written. The simplicity of the explanations combined with a huge number of examples made it so much easier for me to understand what I need to watch out for in an essay. I can only recommend the book to anyone who is new to essay writing. I am pretty sure, though, that those familiar with essays at uni can also profit greatly with all the great examples.
on 13 August 2009
It is generally assumed in the academic world that writing essays is straight forward. For many people it isn't and this book addresses that. What I like about this book is that it starts at the basics and guides you through each process in a non patronising way.
A must for anyone needing a helping hand whether straight from college or a mature student.
on 3 January 2014
Really good, well written and an easy read, really helped me with my essay writing. Gives good examples of answers and helps you with all aspects of essay writing
on 17 November 2015
Very good and useful book for those with having difficulty writing like me, lots of tips and examples with advise. Definately recommend.
on 27 September 2010
I've found this book extremely helpful in my first year of uni (and so did the friends who borrowed it!). Will definitely be making use of it again next year.
on 23 November 2010
havent had no complaints about this book from my son so i am assuming it is exactly what he wanted