Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 15 February 2011
This is an updated version of Andrew Duncan's book. It offers twenty-two walks through London's villages. The 2-4 mile walks are easily accessed from the centre of London. They are ideal for tourists or for Londoners. The overall London map shows the position of the villages and there is guidance to choosing a village to visit by distance, location or length of walk. The walks clearly state the mileage, what to see with opening times at the back for some of the attractions and a map. It also indicates where to obtain refreshments. The text is informative and interesting. This is an ideal book for anyone wanting to get to know London better. I have visited some and missed out on the details that this book provides - next time, I'll make sure I have my copy with me. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 28 January 2013
This is a fine walking book for visiting villages that have been "over-run" with the growth of London but which have kept much of their charm and history. For each walk, it really benefits from reading the section on the chosen walk before venturing out. This then allows one to get a proper flavour for what is to be seen as the details can be missed otherwise: it is also good to mark on the route map, beforehand, where the sights mentoned are.
on 19 January 2014
I bought this book for my husband and as we live near Blackheath we decided to make that our first walk. We enjoyed the walk and also learnt a little of the history of the area as well as discovering more of the area. Looking forward to the next walk.
on 22 July 2014
Much praised by a young man who walks in London.