Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 23 February 2011
This book has plenty of songs for the piano, voice and guitar. The piano part is backing music, with the vocal line being the tune. Tunes included are:
The Fray - How to save a life
Embrace - Natures' Law
REM - Nightswimming
Oasis - Wonderwall
on 8 January 2011
I bought this for my daughter and my son. It is more suitable for the piano and my daughter has found it easy to play but my son felt it was not for guitar as stated as only has chords and not for the more discerning guitar player.
on 25 February 2012
I bought this for my husband who has only just started learning to play the piano. Although I knew it wasn't suited to the absolute beginner, it has a fantastic range of songs which have inspired hubby to keep at the piano lessons. Having the words is also a bonus for those of us not able to play an instrument and join in by singing along! I would recommend this book.
on 1 December 2011
The book itself is great, apart from the spine is too thick to prop open to play music from the middle section, it should really be on a ring binder, but the main point here is that my copy is missing a large amount of pages.... and they havent fallen out its a printing error. Just warning you all.
on 24 May 2013
Probably OK for Grade 3 upwards on piano. The top line is the vocal line, with treble and bass clefs shown below (some minor confusion here at first). Good variety of songs. The cover warns of 'parental advisory' lyrics, but I could not spot them. No doubt someone will point them out to us in time... Guitar chords and fingerings given too.
on 8 April 2013
Lovely collection of songs. I haven't played any as I gave the book away as a gift but I would certainly like to have kept it for myself.
on 27 December 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend who hasn't bought any music for a few years...

There's a good mix of songs from the last 15 years... it's mostly more recent, but there's REM etc.... all great songs though.

The only fault would be the spine of the book... it should be ring bound, as its boy an inch thick, so it doesn't sit on the music rest very well.
on 18 August 2010
Love this book. Such a good mixture of songs, delivery was quick.
Definate good buy.
on 21 May 2013
I really enjoy using this book. It's full of good tunes and they do sound like the songs. Only downside is it's flimsy paperback - I'll have to be careful with it to make it last.
on 10 January 2010
i bought this book for my husband, he loves it and says it is easy to understand and the songs are fantastic, i also bought the just great songs cd to go with it.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse