Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

If you've not seen the YouTube sensation that is Simon's Cat can I start by saying go take a look! The animation are fantastic and this book represents a stills version. Such simple drawings manage to capture the character of the cat and the scraps it get's into (like all cats). If you've ever owned or looked after a cat you'll understand why this has been so successful on YouTube, the author captures the feline behavior brilliantly.

Makes for a lovely present (the reason I bought it), or as a great little treat for yourself.
on 25 February 2017
Poor Simon's cat is getting a taste of his own medicine.
on 13 December 2012
funny just like the rest of his work, the cover was slightly bent, but that's nothing to worry about. I can compare it to my cats
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 October 2009
Having watched the YouTube vids I was interested to see how this translated into a book. The results are entertaining and charming, assuming you have or know of cats. Clearly the author loves his pets dearly and after flicking through the pages you'll start to see your cats in here too.

Thoroughly enjoyable.
on 16 November 2009
If you are a fan of the Simon's Cat videos on youtube (and the internet in general) then you'll love this book. It features a lot of short story drawings of more of Simon's cat's antics, all entirely different from the videos you may have seen on the internet.
If you haven't seen Simon's Cat before, then these are a collection of comical little things that cats generally get up to, whilst speculating on the intent of the cat in a comical way. All very clean humour and great at bringing a smile to your face.

This book wouldn't take you long to sit and read cover to cover, but it's a great little book for glacing at from time to time (dare I suggest excellent bathroom literature if you approve of that sort of thing).

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have, and I would definately recommend it to any of my friends.
After being emailed the original video by many friends, I finally saw Simon Tofield being interviewed on breakfast TV - talking about this book. Well, I had no option really. Having been the adopted mother of a variety of wonderful, beloved cats for many years, I just couldn't resist.
Anyone who has lived with and loved a cat will adore this book. You will recognise every one of his cat's behaviours - and particular instances that will just crease you up. For me it was the bottom-washing (usually when there are visitors) and taking over the bed. Even the film clip with the hungry cat and the baseball bat hit home - only my cat used to jump off the wardrobe onto me as I slept, then run away up the hall!
The interactions with the local wildlife, and the friendship with the garden gnome, are great fun too - adding an extra dimension of naugtiness and personality to that wonderful little chap with the unfortunate personal habits.
Absolutely priceless - and highly recommended!
on 12 November 2009
Like the animated versions, this book contains a selection of the most astute cat observations ever! Simon really knows cats and perfectly depicts the attitudes that every cat I have ever met dispays. This book is a must have for anyone who knows or has ever known a cat.
on 18 November 2011
I bought this item on the 15th Of november it is now the 18th and it has already arrived despite the estimated delivery date of the 23rd. I am extremely happy with this quick delivery time and the fantastic condition of the product, The book itself is wonderfull; It is a hardback and contains many pages full of beautiful illistrations. My ownly critism is the that plastic binding of the book (not the internal cover itself) has a rather annoying barcode stuck to it which I can't remove for fear of tearing it; This is a shame as ideally I would have presented the binding as part of the gift along with the book. Otherwise can't find a fault. Great product, quick delivery; would highly reccommend.
on 23 July 2013
Packed full of great adventures by Simon's mischievous cat. Many of which cat owners can relate to their own cat. Fun to browse through yourself and with your kids too.
Perfect sized book to sit on the edge of your settee/side unit and pick up to give a smile every time you read.
on 19 December 2009
For anyone who hasn't seen the smash internet cartoon hit that is Simon's Cat, this perhaps may be a little lost on them. However, for those of us that have watched, re-watched, and then watched again the hilarious short sketches will appreciate the humour in this book. Packed full of sketches this is a picture book full of titterable moments and certainly makes the perfect gift for anyone who loves either cats, or this kind of mischievous and light-hearted humour.