Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 July 2012
Gatsby was a part of my AS level English Literature exam. As its quite a complex book with lots of chapters and characters, it was probably the one I was feeling the least confident with. I brought this book, and it just made everything so clear. It contained maps to help imagine the fictional locations. It had character analysis, and it was set out chapter by chapter so everything was set out really clear and in a way that's actually really easy to remember. It also has diagrams showing the links between all the character and it has a cartoon at the back summarising the story, which is really great because then you become completely comfortable with the story. Brilliant buy, shame they didn't do one for every book I was studying. Would definitely recommend.
on 12 March 2012
Once again CGP have made revision easy! Lets hope it helps in the exam. I would highly recommend this book to any AS Level or A Level student, definitely worth every penny.
on 24 April 2013
The only thing i liked about this revision guide was the sample essays they had at the end of the revision guide. There was lots of detail on the characters which i found annoying, and most of the revision is quite childish and not really necessary for aqa's exam.
on 18 October 2012
Quite useful for Higher English, however, quotes are few and far between and it doesn't go into enough depth for a detailed understanding of the text. Overall, it is quite useful.
on 5 November 2012
I bought the guide for GCSE study of The Great Gatsby and was a little worried that it was aimed at A Level and above but as it was really the only one I could find, I bought it... and I'm so glad that I did! The guide covers everything from Fitzgerald's background to the hints at homosexuality dotted through the book. It gives all the necessary information on plot, character, themes and the like but in a way that never makes it feel heavy. The pages of essential quotes and cartoon plotline are immensely helpful, especially the latter if, like me, you struggle to remember the exact order of events. I did not like The Great Gatsby particularly when I first read it but I put my new found liking of the book almost certainly down to guide as it makes sense of the parts which left me a little confused. Overall, a brilliant guide!
on 5 May 2015
Bought this for my 13 year old and it made a huge difference to her decoding the novel so would happily recommend it for younger readers studying it at school. We haven't used it for A level , just general reading . Easy layout and very clear character analysis and not written in a high brow manner. Great reference book identify the key themes and quotes.
on 1 June 2013
Currently studying for AS Level English Literature, and this book has helped me so much. It gives in-depth information on characters, and themes of the book, and helps you clarify your own ideas, and back them up with evidence. Hope all goes well for the exam on Thursday, but this book is definitely worth the buy! It's also very good value compared to many other text books.
on 21 March 2013
I've relied on CGP books for years for help with exam revision and the writing of coursework. Once again, this book is detailed, laid out brilliantly and is very easy to read.

There's a range of diagrams, bullet points and colour-coded sections, too, to appeal to all kinds of readers and learners!
on 4 May 2016
Bought for my AS exams, with a change in the AQA spec i relied on this to give me a good understanding and it done exactly that! Key quotes in the book and some really good ideas that my teacher didn't even know about! Get this for your A Levels its worth it
on 26 March 2015
It seemed really good. the only flaw was that it wasn't compatible with my windows 8 devices. I therefore could only use it on my phone and as simple class rules are "no phones in class", it proved fruitless for me