Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 January 2016
AS maths needs a much deeper study of its topics. I found myself using my School textbook instead when preparing for exams because this guide wouldn't provide the knowledge to the extent and to the standard required in the exam. Great if you want a last minute scan over all topics, but far from the revision bible that it may appear to be.
on 25 June 2017
My son said this helped his revision
on 9 March 2017
great
on 1 May 2017
great
on 5 February 2013
I had an absolutely useless teacher for AS maths, and with a few weeks until the exam I had massive gaps in my knowledge.

This book is perfect for teaching yourself with, or revising techniques you already know. I found it much, much easier to use than the course textbook which I was given by school.
on 23 October 2012
Good - Makes CERTAIN topics really easy to understand and only about 30-40 pages for each module which is kind of encouraging and the answers at the back, they're really helpful as it doesn't just tell you the answer, but the steps as well so you can work backwards if you didn't understand it.. and some good jokes!

Bad - doesn't cover every single thing... when I tried doing some questions outside the book, there were certain things which weren't covered.
on 28 May 2016
What a brilliant book! I completed the Open University maths many years ago and through little subsequent use and age (I'm in my 70s) I find my memory has suffered. By reading through this book with its excellent examples I'm building up my knowledge again. I've forgotten such a lot!
on 20 January 2015
Big, noticeable, wear on the cover pages and wear on all pages, however the spine is still intact and there is no writing on any of the pages.
on 24 August 2016
great book really interesting and it will defenatley come in use. Delivery came on time so im happy with that and i would definatley recommend.
on 13 March 2013
this guide is fantastic if you want basic as level maths knowledge or if you are stuck on a topic and want it explained in fairly simple terms.
however not quite as useful for the "big mark" questions as the guide is somewhat basic.