on 23 July 2017
A must have if your doing A2 maths with OCR MEI. Has all the information you need for C3, C4, M2 and S2 displayed clearly and directly. It comes with worked answers which is one of the best ways to test your self. It is much better then the official OCR Mei books. It uses colour well and help you remember your key information. A MUST HAVE for OCR MEI
on 6 March 2016
This is a Revision book. Don't try to use it to learn everything because it lacks detail and excludes a few things. I'm not 100% on the 'complete' aspect of it, it's good to read through sections before you cover them to lay the groundwork. It makes things pretty easy to understand and if you need to quickly refresh a topic or see how you are on some things I'd recommend it.

It's designed (like most revision books) to be used in conjunction with a complete/student book or other resources.
on 6 June 2017
Very nice explanation of concepts in a clear and concise manner. Examples of many questions that one may face in an exam and many questions including a few past papers which is nice.
Just wish they had chapters for things like DE, and that they made textbooks for Further Maths modules.
on 1 November 2012
I first became aware of these CGP guides last year when I desperately needed help with my AS level maths. I had a month to the exams and was hopelessly behind on my work. However, after having worked my way through the AS book, I found myself on top of all the maths in the syllabus.

Now, this is the A2 book. The content is as high quality as the AS book and I have bought it much earlier in order to keep on top of things. Using this as a supplement to the teaching at my school has enabled me to understand topics far quicker and easier. Hopefully I am headed for an A* - many thanks to the authors of this book. For anyone studying A2 maths, this is a must. It contains C3, C4, S2 and M2. It has all the formulae you need to know. It has a number of practice exams on each module and many more practice questions in between.

A fantastic resource.
on 24 September 2017
My daughter used this book to revise fir her A Levrks this year. She worked really hard and achieved 'A*'
on 31 July 2016
Really useful book, started the A2 math syllabus recently with a tutor and this really helps with understanding the topics, and of course there are warm up and practice questions after every section of each module like functions or differentiation so the book helps you understand the concept before making you apply them to questions, which can sometimes be the problem many student face! Definitely a must have in my opinion!
on 8 February 2015
I use this as a supplementary textbook to the OCR MEI textbooks provided. However this is an invaluable resource, delivers information in a compact user friendly way. I would definitely recommend. I got an A in my mock if that helps.
on 6 April 2016
Great book that simplifies the course down to the important stuff, has lots of essential key terms and really addresses the specification. Only issue is that it doesn't include any IDA points which are essential for achieving top grades in A2.
on 18 October 2010
I was really disappointed with this book. I wanted it just for revision purposes but its way too basic even for that.
Don't use this as a source textbook, it wont get you anywhere, and its not nay good even for revision - i mean its whole topics condensed to 1 page. if you re looking for above C grades, its not the one for you. I was really disappointed, as I liked CGP for gcse.
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 24 February 2016
Extreme lack of information. I knew that this would be a basic guide rather than a detailed one but key parts of the course are missed out altogether and there is nowhere near enough information to answer exam questions. It could possibly be useful if combined with other sources but I would personally recommend saving money and using online revision sites along with a textbook rather than purchasing this book