on 14 July 2013
The verbal reasoning bits are very good but having already bought the English 10-11 practice book, I was very dissapointed to see they simply repeated the comprehension passages. After all the hype and considering the cost. I was none too pleased
on 18 April 2016
Excellent quality books and were delivered the next day even on super saver free delivery! Very impressed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 December 2017
My 10 year old daughter decided she wanted to sit the Grammar school test this year 2017.
There is no way on this planet that I was able to afford a tutor. My daughter has always been able to take it upon herself to just get on with things but I thought these books would point her in the right direction.
Believe it or not she had great fun with these books, plenty of practice and practice tests.
I would advise anyone who has a child sitting the grammar school test to get these books, they cover everything and they give you a good sense of the speed in which you need to achieve to get through the test.

I'm pleased to say my daughter did well.
on 28 July 2014
I have just bought this and the maths version of these books and am really impressed. They combine teaching/ revision and testing in one book. The first section has sets of questions grouped by theme - awkward spellings, homophones for example. Each is one or two pages long and even my daughter said this felt like a bite-sized chunk to do. The second part of the book is a series of timed tests, of increasing difficulty. Tests can be answered in the standard format or multiple choice answer sheets can be downloaded from the company's website.
What makes these books so much better than others we have used is that the pull out answer book doesn't just give the answers but explains them, which is particularly useful for additional learning about spelling or grammar rules for example. Very impressed.
on 18 March 2014
Look no further than this material to give your child the edge in the CEM exams. A must for all children entering year 5.
on 23 March 2014
there is a lot here that is new this year, so get going early on to absorb it. It helps you understand the answers too.
on 23 October 2017
very good for 11+
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 September 2013
Ten year old son not impressed! However, didn't expect him to be thrilled. Certainly really helpful for these last difficult weeks before 11 plus
on 18 August 2013
Great examples of a new form of testing. Well laid out and easy to understand. Tests are not difficult to deliver
on 9 January 2016
Brilliant book for 11+ preparation. I have used these books for all my 4 children and so far 3 of my kids have passed their 11+ and gone on to Grammar school. I cannot praise these books enough. Must be used for any 11+ prep work.