Customer reviews

on 21 December 2013
If you like the hunger games then you will love this calendar. I bought it for my daughter last Christmas and it went down a treat.
on 3 October 2012
I have had my eye on this product for a while, and it seems unfortunate that there have been numerous supply problems, because this calendar is a 16 month print which starts September 2012 (to December 2013).

The calendar is a lovely, high quality design, with glossy pages and rich photography. The first page contains a 2013 overview and a notes section; with the subsequent pages containing one large photo on the top page, and one large calendar on the bottom page (pretty standard). I like that this calendar is structured consistently; all the photos are cast photos from the first film, and all have the typical orange / black Hunger Games colour theme, with the emblem of each character's respective district / Capitol printed below. The calendar pages all have the Mockingjay emblem on them, and are laid out with the days of the week printed horizontally. This may seem a trivial observation, but my last calendar switched layouts each month, so it became very confusing to read, and I became rather frustrated with it.

The characters included are pretty standard, with an understandable bias towards Katniss and Peeta. Most of the other favourites are here, like Gale, Haymitch, Cinna, Rue, a few other district tributes, etc. There's a noticeable absence of Effie Trinket and Prim though, which to be honest is fine. I think most people would rather look at Katniss and Peeta, realistically!

My only criticism (and hence 4 stars) is that the dates are all Americanised. So Mother's Day is the US date, and mentions of St George's Day, the Queen's birthday etc are passed over for events like Presidents Day and Independence Day. This doesn't really bother me, because I don't use mine as a working calendar (it's more a display thing), but if you plan to use it functionally, I could see it being annoying. I think given that Panem is set in the ruins of the former USA, that it kind of adds to the charm, personally. I would mention though, that due to supply issues, this calendar was purchased through Amazon Marketplace, so whether Amazon themselves stock a UK version, I'm not sure. This might be something to ask them prior to purchase?

Overall though, a lovely purchase for any Hunger Games fan. :-)
on 27 December 2012
Don't know why it's a 16-month calendar, but I bought it for my daughter because of the pictures, so that means an extra 4. Not much variety as about half are either Katniss or Peeta. Still it's good quality and excellent value. Cheaper than buying a poster, which I also considered.
on 1 March 2013
A different Tribute on each month and notifications of holidays and lunar patterns, really cool!! The some of the holidays really only apply to America though, that's the only downside, I live in the UK so some of the holidays were irrelevant to me.
on 10 January 2013
I love THG and everything but for me this calender was a bit too big. I loved the imagery though but could be a bit more varied perhaps. I think i'm just used to having smaller calenders and I can't really put this one up anywhere.
on 2 January 2013
A christmas present to my niece and she was very pleased with it. it was a shame that she has forgotten she had asked for this and therefore ended up with 2 calendars fortunately not the same. Kids!!!!
on 25 December 2013
My fault I admit, but this is a 2013 calendar - so although I bought it (at nearly full price) as a Christmas present, it is actually useless as a calendar. Why is Amazon even selling it still??
on 30 July 2013
It came in the post very quickly, it was brand new and has the perfect amount of space to write for each day. It even has posters at each month so after a month has passed you can put it up! :)
on 3 January 2014
Good quality calender with excellent graphics and colours.
13 yr old son extremely happy with purchase.
Quick and efficient service
on 22 February 2014
She loves it, what more can I say? Fast shipping, as described. Perfect just like JLaw. Totally like totaly, totally radical.