Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

• Taken

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 March 2012
When Casey Edwards was fifteen years old she was forced to give up her baby at birth. Haunted by what happened Casey has been leading a life of self destruct, but now many years later she decides it is time to pull herself together and find her son.
Casey's search leads her to London where she meets Vaughn Sadler, a man she is attracted to, however he is involved with unsavoury characters and suddenly she finds herself embroiled in modern gangland.
A fast action packed storyline and a very good read (although there were parts containing stomach churning violence ) which I could not put down until finished.
Highly recommend.
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2012
I downloaded this book after reading other reviews, and for 99p I thought it was worth a read...and it defiitely was.

The first few chapters are describing the charactors and are a little slow, but once their worlds collide the book is impossible to put down.
on 23 March 2012
couldnt put this book down, real page turner, on the same level as martina cole, jessie keane and kimberley chambers, just hope we dont have to wait a year for next release.
on 10 February 2013
How I got through this I don't know. Badly written, language is awful (and I don't mean just the swear words). There isn't one character who has any redeeming features (well maybe Josh). Do yourself a favour and don't waste a minute of your life on this garbage.
on 29 March 2012
Looking for new books and downloaded a few samples and bought this book after reading the first few sample pages. Brilliant read -if you liked early Martina Cole and Mandasue Heller you will love this book.
on 3 July 2012
My first book from Kindle. I had not read any reviews but had assumed a female author writing fiction with some form of kidnapping as the subject.I am now resigned to modern trends to over emphasise violence, sex and foul language although I try to avoid books of this nature if I can. This time I failed miserably. I have never read such gratuitous filth in my life. I spent 25 years in the military and am no prude. This book however had no merit whatsoever. Just filth for its own sake.
I did not finish it as I felt dirty and unclean reading it.

Forwarded
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2012
I have no idea how this could have got so many five start reviews. It's so badly written! I kept laughing (and not in a good way). There were some shocking metaphors/similes and "bleeding 'ell!" etc all the way through. Who speaks like that? The characters acted in totally random ways and the massive coincidence of the main plot strand was simply ludicrous. Sorry, I don't want to be so negative, but it was terrible.
on 12 April 2012
For a debut novel, Jacqui Rose came up with a winner with well developed characters, a good setting and great writing. The plot is well constructed with enough suspense, revelations and leads that makes it breath-taking. Giving up a child and then coming back for it is a fascinating theme, which I also intriguingly dealt with in The Sweetest Madness. It is a theme I enjoy because it brings to mind redemption which is what I think life is centered on. TAKEN us well written.
on 31 March 2012
Spotted this novel by its price but have found it to be of excellent reading quality, original storyline and believable though shocking in parts. Really keeps you reading and hard to give up until the end. I found myself searching for more books by this author though sadly this is her first and only one so far but I for one will be waiting impatiently for another. Back to Jessie Keane for now.
on 2 April 2012
As a writer and an avid reader of crime thrillers, I found Taken to be a well written story, full of rounded characters - most of whom I wouldn't want to meet on a dark street - and plot lines that kept me turning the pages quickly. I raced through it in a couple of days. It's certainly up there with the big guns for me. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.