on 3 June 2017
The book itself is a good enough page turner, though I don't think the plot was particularly strong, and drew slightly too much on The Istanbul Puzzle. Beware, though, if you are reading the Kindle format, the book finishes at 85% (about page 382), the remaining 15% is an excerpt from The Istanbul Puzzle, an interview with the author, some information about the author's visit to Israel and three short stories by other authors. I felt cheated by the book ending so suddenly, and the additional material felt like 'fillers' to make up for the brevity of the novel.
on 30 December 2012
Having read the Istanbul Puzzle, I was keen to read this sequel to find out what Sean and Isabel would encounter on this next chapter of their quest. I am pleased to say I wasn't disappointed.

This is a great read with lots of twists to the plot and plenty of exciting action.

Needless to say, I can't wait for the next book in the trilogy!
on 24 October 2014
This was okay. I enjoyed it but I really don't know what I was expecting. It is definitely worth a read.
on 10 April 2017
bit long winded became a page filler to make book longer
on 17 March 2013
Having read book 1, I just had to read Book 2. Not for me. Both books might have made one reasonable book, but I doubt it. Seemed to just ramble on, therefore not particulary well constructed.
on 5 January 2013
Picked this one up late last night as I fancied reading something different - unfortunately I didn't spot that it was the second in a series, luckily it didn't matter too much. There were references to events in the previous book but I didn't find it detracted from enjoying this one.

The story really wasn't my usual kind of read but I finished it in one sitting because the plot carried me along nicely and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. It was also a book that made me think about some of the things going on in the world right now - possibly not what I wanted at 3am but the mark of a good plot. I'm debating at the moment whether to go back to the beginning of the series or wait for the third installment, but will definitely keep an eye out for the author and any other books he releases. I'll also be recommending him to other avid readers.
on 7 January 2013
This exquisite novel with its dazzling cover is something to treasure, for it contains such intricate detail as to take your breath away. The electrifying tension radiates off the pages as this thrilling, mesmerizing tale is as gripping as Dan Brown's `The Da Vinci Code' if not more so. I was swept into a mysterious world shrouded in conspiracy theories, deep-rooted history and ancient prophecies. The fast-paced, layered plot is something to loose yourself within as you unravel the truth bit-by-bit, reveling in the delights of the perilous backdrop that is so atmospheric. I was taken on the most thrilling journey to the exotic, piquant and vibrant Jerusalem where an ancient evil lies waiting hidden beneath a troubled, divergent civilization.

There is a single manuscript nearly all but forgotten, which contains the key to the greatest, shocking historical secret of all-time...

Sean Ryan and his girlfriend Isabel Sharp are exploring the ancient, mysterious city of Jerusalem when they find themselves drawn into a dangerous game with deadly consequences. Meanwhile in the same city Doctor Susan Hunter was translating an ancient manuscript, until it suddenly disappears without a trace. Behind Lady Tunshuq's Palace in the Muslim quarter of Jerusalem the archeologist Max Kaiser is found dead, with murder on the cards now no one is safe...

The sequel to `the Istanbul puzzle' (shortlisted for the Irish crime novel of the year 2012) continues the story from where it left off, by including the square and arrow symbol (that Sean and Isabel discovered within the Museum of Antiquities), in central Cairo near Tahrir square. Against the backdrop of the many Pharaohs, including notably King Tutankhamun's mask, this beautiful story is something that will delight those who enjoy exploration and adventure. The intriguing, fascinating historical elements are wonderful that combined with exciting action for a rollercoaster of a ride make this a splendid story and page-turner. Complete with photographs and information about Jerusalem this is a book dedicated to the city, its culture and is a testimony of the author's accomplished writing ability for he allows you to glimpse beneath the shiny surface and explore the unexpected!

This confident, convincing strong thriller is an undeniably remarkable piece of great writing, that is perfection itself and which I highly recommend. To find the answers to all the secrets and unravel the riddles one must delve deeper into the complexity of the plot, remicent of the detective /archeologist that is longing to explore and uncover so much. This fantastic book is a must-read and one that I cannot praise highly enough, for it unexpectedly surprised and overwhelmed me!

*I won a copy through a `GoodReads, First-Read' giveaway. I would like to thank the author, as I concider myself to be extremely privileged to have had this opportunity*
on 23 December 2012
This is what you expect from the wonderful talented author that is the well respected Laurence O'Bryan. Full of mystery, suspense, wonder, and lots more besides that will keep you on the edge of your seat and so gripped that you wont want to stop reading until you've finished.

I first became of Laurence O'Bryan when I read the also excellent 'The Istanbul Puzzle' and absolutely loved it and I've been waiting for The Jerusalem Puzzle to hit the shops ever since I finished reading the Istanbul Puzzle.

I guarantee that you wont be disappointed with either of these books, you feel that you're with the characters from the start, and it will leave you wanting to visit Istanbul and Jerusalem as you will feel like you know the area already.

Highly recommended
on 26 December 2012
Having read and enjoyed the Istanbul Puzzle I had to read the latest offering of the Jerusalem Puzzle . Well written with fast action and not spoilt by having too many character names to remember . Sadly this book did not hold my interest as much as the Istanbul Puzzle which is a great read . Too much time towards the end of the book spent trying to find the "lost " characters and the result was not totally convincing . It was still a good read and flowed well but for me it will have just missed its mark .
on 8 December 2012
I have waited to get my hands on this book after finishing The Istanbul Puzzle, which quite frankly was one of the best books I have ever read. The short chapters and the fast pace of the book make it a real page turner. You really feel like your with the characters, and the description of Jerusalem is so descriptive, it really captures the imagination. Buy the two books for anyone who loves a good read, and I promise that they won't be disappointed. Roll on no3!!!!
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse