Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 February 2015
A really good story that kept me enthralled until the end. This book has encouraged me to read more about the witch trials of the 17th century
on 6 January 2013
Loved every page couldn't put it down! Can't wait to read more of her books.
This was my first book on the kindle and was a good choice.
on 30 November 2012
A very enjoyable book belivable story if you like this kind of thing.its takes a bit to get into but once you get into it its very enjoyable
on 29 November 2012
It's an okay read but it felt like a stream of consciousness at times which put me off. I don't think I would read this author again sorry.
on 6 December 2012
A thoroughly enjoyable read, difficult to put down. Well researched historical background. Read Drowning Pool after this, enjoyed as well.
on 23 December 2012
I don't like writing overly critical reviews, but oh this is cheesy! It was all a bit predictable, and the ending was just to neat and simple. Oh look! It's Halloween! Each chapter ends with a 'cliffhanger' that got funnier as the book progressed... "little was I to know it was about to get darker..." It was a bit like Phil Mitchell saying "nothing is going to go wrong this Christmas".
on 11 February 2013
I enjoyed reading this story, but did get a bit long winded but definitely worth it. Especially if you like a story built round history.
on 13 November 2012
Thought this started off really well but very predictable towards the end. Didnt really grip me at all. Preferred 'The Drowning Pool'.
on 31 December 2012
Great read very atmospheric .loved reading about Essex. Could not put book down . Matthew Hopkins led a trail of mystery and misery.
on 10 December 2012
What a great book, perfect for a dark winters evening!
The writer has gone to great lengths researching this book and it shows in the depth of scenes. I was gripped from beginning to end and i have now brought her first book "the drowning pool"

Being from essex myself i loved picturing all the places in the book.