Bad Friends
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 January 2016
Wasn't sure at first, but there were a lot of twists and turns! I wish there was a better explanation for Fay appearing everywhere, she was a bit full on for someone who just wanted to make friends.
on 28 June 2017
brilliant as usual what you expect from Claire seeber
on 30 November 2016
Great story
on 29 October 2017
This was another great book by C!aire Seeber. It keeps you guessing the whole way through. It also gives many red herrings throughout. A great book.
on 19 February 2017
Good story after the first 100 pages. Very slow starting and struggled to follow the story through until half way
on 11 March 2014
It was okay but wasn't inspired to read any more of her books.I didn't really relate to any of the characters.
on 30 August 2015
Excellent book
on 19 November 2010
I was really looking forward to reading this book, but was a blatant rip off of every one of Nicci French's novels, and nowhere near as good. The main character was unlikeable, the story jumped and skipped and, in places, was totally unbelievable and did not make sense. There were too many other one dimensional characters that no-one really cared about, too many unbelievable 'co-incidences' - and the most unmomentous 'twist' which you could see coming from about Page 3- do not bother reading!!!!
2 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2012
Everyone says "darling" in this and everyone acts like a stereotype Londoner, which made them unbelievable for me, even if they are suppose to be hotshot London people. A lot of characters just had no depth to them at all. Maybe that was the whole point, London media are empty people but does that mean you can make a good, interesting book filled with them? Well this book couldn't make it work.

And the great big secret, wow what a massive let down. It just made the main character even more unlikable and stupid for getting so worked up and feeling so guilty over it and not dealing with it sooner.

As for the love interests, none of them actually made me go "oooh, I really hope Maggie ends up with him". Maggie's boss acts like an incubbus, Maggie's ex is an alcoholic, and Maggie's new interest is an idiot. So don't expect any great romantic thrills from this book.

I also expected more conflict and tension between the bad friends that surrounded Maggie, but there was no scene where you could cut the stmosphere with a knife. It felt a bit damp her reaction to others and them to her.

This was a great struggle to read..
on 20 April 2012
This book kept me reading until the end and I must admit I did change my mind about who the perpetrator of the crimes within the story were but as you neared the conclusion it did become more and more transparent. The build up of the characters was good, but I couldn't figure out whether I felt sorry for Maggie or not. The story twisted in parts and ensured that the reader had plenty of options as to who could have been harrassing Maggie. However I feel that the conclusion was quite sudden and not as well thought out as the earlier stages of the book and I think that a few more chapters on the 'what happened afterwards' bit would have rounded up the whole story better. I got this during the spring sale and enjoyed it for the bargain price but I think I would have been a little disappointed if it was more than a few pounds