Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 March 2017
Book is typically cheeky just like the girl herself. Never giggled or laughed out loud over a book for a long time.
on 21 April 2017
Just a truly awful book which I guess is because it's of its time. Depressingly sad and definitely not worth a read, I chucked it in the bin, sorry
on 17 March 2013
First it was funny, I loved the parts about being dumped and how to face a rejection (especially the indian restaurant part, and the whole way to deal with the man who wants to dump you), I liked the parts about the "horrbile"-ones in a relationship, I think their behaviour was painted really well in this book. The part about what to do when you have to organize a party but have no money - funny. Wouldnt do them all, but some was OK. The rest was quite useless and not so funny. BUT I read it in 2013 and maybe the situation was different in the 90s or 00s. It was fine to read it once but the thought of giving it to a friend or to keep it - didnt cross my mind.
on 23 February 2017
This is actually a very funny book, I never paid it much attention when it was first released, but now revisited, it is quite good. Not really aimed at men, and naturally aimed at women, but still worth a read.

One cant help but wonder if there was more to come in a similar vein from the recently late T P-T. (RIP)
on 12 February 2016
I've read this many times after getting it for Christmas in 2007 - very funny and well written book full of girlie laughs. The chapter about ''how to pull a sickie'' has been used many times to get out of work on a rainy Monday! Would completely recommend this to anyone wanting a light, girlie read!
on 28 September 2007
This book is such a wonderfully guilty pleasure of mine! It is really indulgent girlie fun. It made me laugh and laugh - I totally recognise my friends and myself in this book. I have picked it up so many times when I was frustrated and felt like rebelling a bit - it really shows you how to have a great laugh. I've bought this and The Shopaholics Guide to Buying Fashion & Beauty Online for all my mates for Christmas. These two books together have everything covered for being sassy, sexy and fun.
on 16 July 2008
If this book doesn't make you laugh then I don't know what will. A good book for ALL sassy women.
on 5 May 2010
There is a section on this site saying that this book is available from one penny and frankly, even at that price you'd be overcharged.
"90s It Girl" means that TPT is already twenty years out of date, and what exactly has she achieved in her life, given her privileged background? Hmm - drug addiction; moved in uninvited with some bloke she'd known for a few weeks and then told the Press how fantastic he was - then it turned out that he was a con-man scrounging off her and her family; pulls strings to get on TV where she comes across as a petulant bore, etc. (I don't watch "I'm a Celebrity", but wasn't there a well-publicised episode where some bloke didn't want to meet up with her for a night of passion?)
So then - now she's a middle-aged attention-seeking has-been who dresses like a trannie and wants to dispense advice to we mere mortals.
Someone gave me this book to amuse me. They paid £1 for it in a charity shop. It made me laugh, but only because it was so dreadful For example, if you wear a padded bra or "chicken fillets", you're advised to throw it at the window when disrobing before a new man, then pretend it was a pigeon hitting the window, or some other similar garbage.
If this is the sort of advice that you feel you need, there is plenty more in this book for you to enjoy.
on 4 January 2014
A very funny book - good fun ! How not to be a lady ! A good read for single gals....
on 25 November 2007
I sat here reading my new book by Tara Palmer Tomkinson, (the girl I thought was extremely funny and a bit of a raving loon when she went running about in the jungle squealing like a pig in `Celebrity get me out of here'), I gasped and huge gasp of `Oh my god, how awful, I'm one of those kind of people that even a mad girl like TPT would avoid'. It comes to something when someone who does pig impressions would even avoid you!

The book is brilliant, and well written. I'm really enjoying it. It covers many subjects (some of which are not applicable to me right now such as looking for a flatmate, but) something typed in bold red caught my eye; she suggests you vet potential flatmates via email because usually that way you get their names and sometimes the name of the company they work for, and she goes on to say "The advantage of email is that it also helps weed out the types who use `humerous' nicknames on their email addresses, like...' and she lists a few, and then says `Avoid them like the plague'. !!!!! Oh my god, I fall into that category! How awful, I'd better get on and change it.

Message received loud and clear. My email address clearly sucks. Let's face it, I never was `cool', I'm just not one of those ultra sophisticated people which is clearly why this book is great for me! I have to be grateful to TPT I really do, I have ignored the signs thus far, she has set me straight where others have been polite! Trouble is, my blog and face book where I chat to my pals and link up with long lost friends back home are all registered to thefantastic@*** so now that I hate it, am I stuck with it? I hope not.

Thank you Tara for horrifying me sufficiently into compliance - I really don't want to be one of THOSE types of people!

Get this book, its brilliant!