I devoured this book and was left in a book hangover state after finishing it with the characters still on my mind. The book cover is absolutely gorgeous and what drew me in at first, but later it was the characters who stole my heart.

Perfect Chemistry is a book on star crossed lovers Brittany Ellis the perfect good girl and Alex (Alejandro) Fuentes, the bad boy affiliated gang member of the Latino Bloods. Both starting their senior year at high school. They follow their own crowds with Brittany being Miss Popular along with her hot football player boyfriend Colin, earning them the perfect golden couple status versus Alex who is known to constantly lead the bad crowd and land himself in trouble. I absolutely adored Alex and Brittany individually and together as a couple their chemistry felt so palpable and hot.

Alex is cocky, unafraid, protective, walks with swagger, is sexy and a badass. The energy he permeates around him had me addicted to his character and I could not get enough of him. Brittany is sweet, caring, a hard worker who’s trying to balance her school and home life. She has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders with no one to share her burden. Forced to work together on a chemistry project leads to not only sparks flying between Brittany and Alex, but also taunts, flirtation, games, ruffling each others feathers, developing feelings, exposure to new people, cultures, jealousy, pain, letting barriers down, danger, loss, heartache, love, second chances and a future.

This book is rich in portraying real life issues facing kids growing up in two different environments. I felt the divide between the rich and poor status, the need to protect loved ones, the life and dangers of being a gang member, the inner battles of peer pressure and going against the crowd, putting up a front to please others and letting go of fears to experience real love.

Perfect Chemistry is full of urban vibes and is a great teen ya/na romance book. I loved reading this, Alex’s brothers Carlos and Luis were cute. I could have done without the loss and thought the author didn’t do the character enough justice. His scene at the end just felt rushed and the epilogue was twenty-three years too late for me to appreciate the significance of the name dedication, and I needed more Alex and Brittany! Due to this and the poor editing with grammatical mistakes i.e. whole words separated with a space lead me to rate this four stars. Besides these issues I adored this book and will re-read it. Now I’m desperate to one click Carlos and Luis’s books so I can stay in this book heaven bubble.
on 21 August 2017
Item description:
The item came in perfect condition and safely packaged. The quality of the cover is not very strong, it is thin and bent easily. The paper inside is thin but okay quality. The writing size and font is easy to read and overall the item is good.
Story rating:
THIS BOOK WAS SO CUTE. It wasn't just a mushy teen romance book but also dealt with more serious issues. The character development was flawless and I'm so happy I read this book! one of my favorite books! 5 stars
on 15 June 2015
Weak dialogue plagued with bad spelling and erratic plot - we skip weeks at a time and gloss over significant events in an awkward, obvious "Remember when we did AB and C and it was cool" type 'catch up'. The basic premise is nice - although stolen in an oddly confessed manner from 'Grease'. Definitely one to avoid. Were these rave reviews bought or is the average teen reader really so starved of solid romance?
on 13 January 2011
Wow!!!! This book has been one of the best i've read in a long time. I saw this book on Amazon by chance and after reading the reviews i decided to just go for it and buy it. I started reading at about ten o'clock at night and finished by four o'clock the next morning, i really couldn't put it down. I love the way that the story is told from both Brittany's and Alex's point of view and I think that the plot and the characters were all amazing.
Alex and Brittany are two complete opposites, Brittany is the 'perfect' cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the captain of the football team. She is rich, clever and seems to have it all. Alex is the 'bad boy' he's in a gang, he smokes, he rides a motorbike and he is also really fit! He really does want whats best for his family though. When Brittany and Alex are partnered in their chemistry project sparks fly. Alex also makes a bet with his friends that he can sleep with Brittany before Thanksgiving. I wont give away the story but i will say that there are some pretty big twists in thier and i will admit to crying in some places! As soon as i'd finished reading it i read it all over again several times and then had to lend it to all of my friends who also wanted to read it. This is a book I will read again and again so I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying it to go for it and fall in love with this amazing story.
on 18 October 2009
Brilliant! The book is about a girl Brittany who is very popular and her life seems to be perfect. She is beautiful, a cheerleader, dating a stud on the football team and lives in a posh house. However she is hiding away who she really is until she starts to fall for Alex. Alex is a sexy Mexicano gang member, who is totally the opposite, he needs to work to support his family and lives on the poor side of town. Both are paired up at the beginning of the school year in Chemistry and they need to meet outside of class to finish an assignment. The unlikely pair are drawn together and fall in love. If you like romances with a happy ending then you must read this book!
on 10 October 2017
OK.......It took me awhile to get hooked to it but when i did it was alright.
I don't like the end tho, Its quite cheesy.
The book itself it's good quality I am not disappointed and it was a great prize!
on 12 June 2015
i loved this book easy to read great characters i couldn't put it down
on 9 January 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 May 2017
Simply Amazing
on 22 May 2013
I will start my review by saying I really loved this. I didn't want it to end. I decided to buy it after seeing a lot of my favourite authors have read it. I've also noticed it as a recommendation in a few books at the back. So I decided to go for it. And I'm glad I did because I loved it.

I saw this was a trilogy and thought it would be great to get stuck into another great trilogy. Unfortunately the next in the series Rules of Attraction isn't about Alex and Brittany. It's about Carlos, Alex's brother.

I liked the suspense in this book. I thought the story was great. I just wish this book was longer and had more happy moments. The Prologue was so cute. It was a great way to end the book.

This book was really interesting. I don't really know anything about gangs. It was good to read the Mexicans and Americans coming together, to an extent. I didn't realise there were places like this were there's such hatred for the other side of town.

If you like Beautiful Disaster then you'll love this.

I am disappointed that this story isn't continued. I really need to find another good trilogy to get into.

I would 100% recommend this book. Loved it!!! 9 out of 10!