Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 December 2011
This doesn't normally happen to me when reading a series but when I got round to picking up Silence, I couldn't remember a damn thing that happened in the previous book, Crescendo. Maybe the wait was too long or maybe I just read too many other amazing books in the gap between releases. Either way, I went into this book not knowing what the hell was going on. Because of this, the first third or so of the book was very confusing. I couldn't remember why Nora couldn't remember anything or what had happened to her previously. Now, that could have either been me being really forgetful or it could have been Becca Fitzpatrick being an utter genius. I like to think it is the latter. If so, the reader is put into the exact position that Nora is in - not quite remembering what has happened but having a feeling of deja vu about certain things.

Due to Nora not having much of her memory in tact, Silence is jam packed full of mystery and intrigue. The overall plot is slowly leaked out as she regains her memories and tries to piece her life back together. Even after all of the confusion, I loved not knowing what was going on. I never quite knew if Nora was going to ever be completely safe or how she was going to get out of the mess she was in. Also, there is also quite a lot of mystery surrounding some of the characters. Where the hell is Patch? Is Scott being completely genuine? The biggest question of all though for me was (for a small amount of time) who the hell is Jev? As all of these things were revealed, I found myself sitting reading with my mouth a little bit open in shock at certain points!

The romance aspect of the series is amped up for sure in Silence. In the past, there have been some semi steamy scenes between Nora and Patch but nothing compares to the scenes that we are given in this book. Patch is absent for a massive chunk of this book so maybe these fantastic scenes were given to us to make up for his absence. I really do wish that Patch had a bigger part in this book because it just wasn't the same without him. The chemistry between him and Nora is one of my favourite things about the series and to take him away for so long made me not like Silence as much as I could have. Patch and Nora's relationship really grows in this instalment and I was glad to finally see a lot of things laid bare. There surely aren't many secrets between them now, if any at all.

As there is a massive war brewing, this book is far from short of action. Some of the time, these scenes give me a 'race against time' though because I just didn't know how things were going to work themselves out. I loved that as well as the insane amount of twists and turns, Fitzpatrick managed to make this book even more exciting than the previous two in the series. Crescendo was pretty damn exciting now that I remember what happened but I don't think it compares to Silence. Everything in Silence builds up to a massive ending, leaving us on yet another cliff-hanger. I know I won't be forgetting how this book went for a long time!

I know that this book has been getting mixed reviews now that there will be a fourth book in the series. I think Silence set the scene really well for the next book and for the insane things that are about to come. Even though many people weren't impressed, I was - I loved this book!
on 17 July 2017
As expected
on 6 August 2017
fantastic
on 28 March 2014
Great follow-up to a great book with awesome character developments and story plot. A lot of twists and interesting scenarios! Do recommend if you like fantasy romance novels.
on 28 March 2014
Great follow-up to great books with awesome character developments and story plot. A lot of twists and interesting scenarios! Do recommend if you like fantasy romance novels.
on 24 June 2013
I loved this book it was a grate 3rd book in the series and I can't wait to read the 4th one. I have to say I was a little disappointed at the begging of the book as it wasn't the best opening I've read but defiantly one of the best endings. I think that becca is a very talented author and would recommend that you should read all of the books in the hush hush series and enjoy them as much as I did. :-)
on 7 August 2017
very fast delivery, and a great book
on 26 May 2016
I absolutely love this book!! I couldn't put it down at all
on 8 May 2013
I hate it when people do that, but this book was incredible! I would recommend this series time and time again!
on 25 February 2014
Patch the bad ass angel. Read this last year and i still remember his name, i really wanted a patch of my own. Amazing series. You must read it.