on 12 June 2011
Having already read Dewey the library cat's story I was looking forward to reading Dewey's Nine Lives. Vicki Myron is a fabulous writer and I enjoyed every page of this book that tells the true stories of the relationships between cats and people in a special way. I hope one day Vicki will write another book like this!
on 17 April 2012
I saw 'Dewey' on a shelf in a leading stationers here in the U.K, the photo alone convinced me to buy it but being
so hard faced I figured I would read whenever. How wrong was I ! This book not only inspired me but I bought 'Dewey's 9 Lives' which has been just as amazing! Vicki writes in beautiful detail, making you feel as if you are in the heart of it all in the USA. I had always loved every creature but this book makes you realise just what you have already- and sometimes you just don't see it!
on 7 April 2012
I had to read this after reading the lovely book Dewey a couple of years ago.This book tells the tale of different cats and ends with an update about Vicki-the book made me laugh, cry and touched me deeply. If you enjoyed Dewey you will love it . Shirley Ambler
on 24 November 2011
A great book to read, easy to follow story, one of those 'can't put down' books that you just have to read to the end, just a word of advice though, make sure you have a box of tissues handy cos you will need them!
I would recommend buying this book
on 10 February 2013
It's Dewey so I am a bit bias . The stories are real warts and all . The writing is plain and easy to read . Lots of smiles , laughs and of course tears . It's easy to see the special relationship and connection that Vicki Myron had with Dewey by the way she writes about him in her books . She writes with realism about a 'CAT' but purer affection and awe are plain to see . A good read and not just for cat lovers .
on 18 August 2014
I enjoyed reading this book, but I was disappointed it wasn't more about Dewey, it was stories about other peoples lives and history of where they lived and just a small amount about there cats. the chapters are really long too, so if you like me go to bed and read a chapter a night, you can't, so you have breaks in your reading of each chapter. that's why only four stars. Dewey the library cat was a great book.
on 6 January 2013
Having readthe first book ....Dewey a small town cat.....I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. Though this book is not all about the wonderful Dewey, it tells you o fthe special relationship we can all have with our pets if we open our hearts fully to them. A must read for any animal lover.
on 4 April 2013
This superb sequel to the biography of Dewey the Library Cat has all of Vicki Myron's gift for writing in it - evoking the texture and taste of life in small-town Iowa and the healing this amazing cat brought into the lives of so many people who suffered in so many ways in their lives. You read this and you want to go there and see the place for yourself, meet some of the people, experience the values and local culture, and you agree that a cat is more than merely just another four-legged animal but is, in fact, a Sentient Being. Great stuff!
on 21 January 2015
Another in the Dewey series. Be prepared for tears at the end of every chapter on the various cats included in these 9 chapters. Vicki includes several parts of the earlier Dewey book and is quite emotional in her writing.
on 15 July 2012
If you love cats you will enjoy this book. Each chapter is about a different cat which touched somebody's life. I had to pace myself by only reading one or two chapters at a time, otherwise I was just shedding too many tears!