Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 January 2012
This is a good book which is easy to read and covers all of the areas you will need to know about when trying for a baby. I liked the sections for future Dad's because my husband was able to just dip in and out and read the bits that were relevant to him instead of getting too bogged down by science. The only thing I would say is that the style in which it is written can get rather irritating. Sex is referred to as the 'baby dance' which i found a bit cringy. I would have preferred the book to just stick to the facts instead of always trying to be 'amusing and cute'. So a bit patronizing but all in all a helpful book.
on 23 June 2013
the page numbers on the kindle are terribly out of order. you will be in the middle of one section, then it will jump to another topic and back again. decent book - but not a good format for e-readers
on 22 August 2015
Arrived quickly in perfect condition already got into reading it .really informative so far and easy to read.best thing is it turns out to be UK based advice
on 3 October 2016
This is a great book. My husband and I have read it in detail together before starting trying for a baby, just to make sure that we've got our lifestyles and bodies in suitable order first. It's really helpful, especially as I'm working out what I should and shouldn't be eating and drinking, and it contains some great info for guys as well to make sure that they're in peak condition for making healthy "little swimmers".
A highly recommended read for anyone who's thinking of trying for a baby.
on 22 September 2011
This book is well written and suited what I was looking for. There are many helpful sections with tips and advise. It won't be my only pre-pregnacy read, but it is one I will keep coming back to for advice and reassurance.
on 5 February 2013
I was looking forward to reading this book on my kindle, but the formatting of this edition is so bad, it is unreadable. It appears to be just a digital copy of the physical book, with no thought to how reading on a kindle is different.

There is no table of contents or page numbers - so the regular references in the book to different sections and page numbers to allow you to pick the info most useful to you are useless.

The text chops and changes, with no idea of where it is going next. You will be reading a section of text, say a list of bulleted descriptions of something - then suddenly a new paragraph will start on something else, with nothing to show it is a change, then the original text will continue - but now with no reference to what it was about. I think in the book, the breakout sections are shown as that, they are in a different colour or within a box - but none of that formatting has been transferred to the kindle, and with no table of contents there's no way to jump from one section to another anyway.

This could have been a very good book, with a little thought to formatting, so the related text was together, and a table of contents instead of page numbers, to allow readers to jump to different sections as needed. However, in it's current form I have managed to stumble through about 40% of the book, and I've had to give up.
on 2 August 2012
I love this book! I have wasted so much money on other fertility and conception books which have been filled with loads of information that isn't of interest, a bit too technical I suppose is the best way to describe it. This book is written very well, you have bitesize bits to read, question/answer bits, and more in dept reading too. It is written in a 'friendly' kind of way which is nice to read. In the back are notes pages, some fertility charts to keep track of you BBT etc and some diet pages. Overall, its a great value for money for anyone wanting to start a family...and for those of you who are I wish you lots of luck xx
on 21 August 2014
Most if the information is things I already new. I felt the book repeated itself too. It has a section about things that stand in the way of fertility too which is not yet relevant to me. I just felt it was re looking repetitive and very basic info. The way it is written was fine as was the info.
on 14 June 2015
Loved this book I couldn't put it down. Heidi covers literally everything. I skimmed some areas but most of it was great advise. Don't be put off with some of the negative reviews. If you're like me and want to know most things and reasearch before doing anything in life then read this book as it will give you all you need to know! Be open minded too and take want you need from it :)
on 5 January 2011
A very interesting, easy understanding book about everything a woman needs to know before trying to conceive.From nutrition to a future dad's questions...
Great book.