Customer reviews

on 2 August 2017
Granted this was a previously owned book but it was described as excellent condition.
Smelt of cigarette smoke and had quite a few bent corners.
on 10 September 2011
Very enjoyable from the start to the end of this book.
Those far off days of our father`s are captured within it`s pages so we too can experience a little of those times too. Lastly it reminded me personally of my own past as a small young boy tucked up in bed with the blankets under my chin enjoying reading these stories when first released. Those were the good old days when these small magazines were first released at the princely sum of five-pence each.
on 8 October 2009
I bought this for my 12 year old son who is military mad. An excellent present, although he does have to fight my husband to see who can read it first!!!The stories are just as I remember them when my brother used to read these comics on a Saturday morning. Well worth the money and presented in a lovely hardback book. I will be stocking up on more titles for Christmas this year!!!
on 24 October 2013
I have a number of these comic book collections, and this one easily matches up to any of the others. I started reading these as a boy 50 years ago, and reading them again now brings back memories of a very happy childhood. I liked this book particularly because, for many years, I have been interested in the events of D-Day. I know all these stories are fiction, but being based on true events lends them an aura of reality. I know the storylines are often repeated, and the ending usually fairly predictable, but so what? They're still an exciting read for small boys of any age.
on 1 June 2009
Okay read, allthough the first big Commando book stories seemed even better.
Old comic publisher trick of reselling old stories starting here with books too. "Man of Iron" was in their book "The Dirty Dozen". Big shame to waste precious space and our money on that story AGAIN!

Contains:
Wolf Pack
Man of Iron
Big Guy
The Footsloggers
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2014
That's not totally fair - some of the dialogue is priceless. But the images are first class and really pull you into those Boys Own Adventures, especially if you're of the generation that fought out WW2 in your school playground. If you want a story that sits well with the Commando images (think 'Where Eagles Dare') then you won't go wrong with Jack Darrington's Rainbow Rising (The Heavy Metal series).
on 26 April 2011
Superb nostalgia and the stories are still entertaining today. The artwork is superb and the book opens perfectly for a good read considering the massive 783 pages. My only slight gripe is that the description states hardback but it is rally a reinforced softback. If I could have given 4.5 stars, I would have done for this slight disappointment, but let's not be churlish and give 4 I thought. It's a worthy 5 stars! and
on 12 September 2010
Very good item to show the new and future youg people of the sacrifices made in the name of honour and fredom
on 18 September 2010
This product was exactly what I expected (so well written up) and arrived in good time - thank you!
on 9 February 2014
Although some of the language and phrases used to evoke the 1940s are hackneyed it still is a great read. Me and my boy (nine) both enjoyed this undemanding series of stories. Great fun.