Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 March 2016
I've just finished reading this book and would like to recommend it. Whether you're recently bereaved, still have a way to go to heal your loss or have a parent who is unwell and you have concerns and fears, this beautiful book is very real in understanding what you might be going through. It helped me to shed the tears I had been holding back and offered a sense of support when I needed it most. Case studies throughout help you to identify with others and to know you are never alone in your loss.
on 10 March 2006
There seems to be a lack of books specifically aimed at those who have lost parents. I found this one accidentally and am so glad I did. Whilst it won't be of help to everyone in that situation, I personally found that at the right time, this book was an enormous comfort. It was so reassuring to realise I wasnt the only one to be experiencing the kinds of feelings I was and that they were all part of the grieving process. Not all parts were relevant to me but there were nights when this book was my rock. I would recommend anyone feeling lost or wanting to understand more about what they are going through has a look at this book. Even if one thing in it helps you, it will be worth it.
on 9 September 2013
Addressed the many concerns and worries we all have on losing a parent. Knowing that your deepest thoughts are understandable and acceptable, and grief is a very personal thing, we each deal with it in our own way. Reading the book helped when I couldn't turn to my other parent, or even reach her during a very upsetting time.
on 19 March 2013
A helpful book when I lost my father recently. It is written in a positive style and I found it comforting.
on 27 December 2012
My first attempt to truly understand the ins and outs of my grief, having lost dad just over a year ago. Recommended read!
on 4 March 2015
Compassionate and useful advice for adult orphans.
on 2 July 2016
Really really helpful. I read and re read chapters after losing my mum. It is so accurate as to how things were. Highly recommended.
on 12 May 2016
Book was purchased for a relative. It arrived as scheduled and they have informed me that it is a really good read and has helped them.
on 13 August 2014
Can identify with this but not sure it's been of any help
on 22 September 2015
good service, no complaints.