Customer reviews

on 7 September 2013
I've been reading about minimalism lately and too many of the books are about how to declutter and suggest that by merely doing this, profound peace will almost inevitably follow. This book goes much further than just reducing belongings, and it has made me realise that I much prefer the term 'simplicity' which suggests peace and abundance (to me) as opposed to 'minimalism' which I've always been uncomfortable with as a term, as it only indicates fewer possessions. 'MInimalism' also can be, as the author describes, austere and stark and impoverished.

So all in all, a well-written, thoughtful book, not padded out with redundant material, just the essentials, and an utter bargain at this price. I highly recommend it.
on 28 June 2014
Not aa very big book but every word is essential with clear precise advice into some of the causes & remedies for societies problems. If these words could be aplied to the world in general thing would get better in the social hang ups we find surround us today. Its Summertime & the living is easy if you don't expect too much from the world but live like an old Taoist sage just laghing at fate.
on 4 May 2013
I am interested in simplicity so this book was enlightening and made me feel that I can do some of the things it suggests in small steps over time
on 6 June 2011
Trying to live a simple life is not always easy - we are so ready to sweat the small stuff. Jennifer writes beautifully and clearly. Highly recommended.