Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 March 2010
When I first heard about this book I was in two minds as to whether it was for me- As a professional Hypnotherapist, I don't use ready made scripts as every client is so different and has different needs. Having said that, I knew of Gemma's work from her podcast and newsletter, liked her attitude to the practice of Hypnotherapy and NLP and so decided to have a look inside on here!

I'm glad I did as the chapter titles and contents convinced me that this would be a good reference book and I was absolutely right!

The scripts in this book are well thought out and inspiring. I often refer to this book for ideas and then modify the underlying methods within the scripts to suit the situation of the client, which is what Gemma urges us to do in the introduction. If I am ever stuck with a particular client, I often find the inspiration required in this book.

I would recommend this book to the professional and amatuer/ student Hypnotherapist alike!
on 16 March 2010
I have not read this book cover to cover but have found it really useful to dip in and out of. A really skilled hypnotherapist tends to write their own scripts or/and they will work intuitively with each client. This book is really helpful as a platform for writing your own material and for providing inspiration. The author is a very inspired person and the positive energy is easy to feel in the writing. I am sure there is more to come from Gemma in the future. This is a much needed book and it is written in a very different style to other hypnotherapy script books. Perhaps, for me, there could have been more on Inductions and the induction 'process'. But definately worth having in your therapy library for hypnotherapists and also for counsellors who want ideas for their 'visualisation' work.
on 14 October 2009
Creating trance & hypnosis scripts should be made a standard handbook for every budding and practising hypnotherapist.

The book is fresh, easy to read and interweaves some fabulous metaphors, with nlp and direct suggestions (as well as numerous other techniques)in the scripts.

This is the book I fall back to the most when I get stuck with clients or am looking for a bit of inspiration. It blows a lot of the other script books out there "out of the water".

I'd give this book 6 stars if I could!
on 13 February 2015
I bought this book thinking it would assist in creating trance and hypnosis scripts. I obviously misunderstood the title, thinking it would explain how to create trance and hypnosis scripts, due to the fact it is called "creating trance and hypnosis scripts."

A More accurate title would be, "Here are two pages containing very poor progressive relaxation inductions followed by a series of suggestions that are mediocre at best, followed by a section that suggests signing up for a training course run by the author to learn how to create your own scripts."

I have never attended a book burning before, but am thinking about having one this afternoon. It wouldn't be to bad if it was actually well written to use as a reference but the wording is virtually guaranteed to cause jarring in anyone in trance, who wants to hear suggestions to be droopy and saggy?
on 24 February 2010
I find it amusing how some people who write reviews of items on Amazon have to pass judgment on other reviews! For the record - I do not know Gemma Bailey personally and have never met her in person but I have been downloading and listening to her excellent People Building podcast for well over a year. It is a free podcast packed with useful information and ideas. Gemma obviously puts a lot of time and effort into that podcast. More recently she has been producing free video podcasts too and if that was not enough - free PDFs of some of her scripts and MP3 audios too. I do not have anything to gain from writing this review except for the thought that someone else might buy and enjoy this book as I did. OK - so that bit out of the way; this is a great book in many ways. The way I personally read the title of the book was - "creating trance" i.e. how to create trance, "and hypnosis scripts" i.e. a collection of scripts. I did not read it as "An instruction manual on how to write and create trance and hypnosis scripts". The bonus for me was there is a section at the end of the book on how to write your own scripts. Let me explain - I am already a qualified hypnotherapist and have attended many courses and have many books on the subject. I like to feel that there is always something new to learn and I love the format of this book in that first up you get to see the finished work - yes, the scripts themselves. Then, there is instruction on how to write them for yourself. For me, a great way to learn. Kinda like when someone cooks me a nice meal - I experience it first, then ask for the recipe! Gemma's scripts are great in that they are a mix of direct and indirect hypnosis techniques and are very well constructed. Her use of language and sleight of mouth is colourful and refreshing. Like the Meerkat says - Simples. And you can always use the "look inside" functionality on Amazon to see what you are buying before you buy it ;0)
on 5 October 2011
As a professional hypnotist I felt obliged to warn others that book is nothing but pretty fluff, the inductions are weak as are the scripts. Hypnosis in it's finest is an art, this is more like a colouring book
on 11 February 2013
I am using the scrips on a regular basis with my clients ,I can reccomend this book ,both knowledgable and informative and best of all every script I have used has worked very well ,go ahead its worth the money.
on 21 December 2011
I am currently doing my diploma in hypnotherapy. I love this book and it will be a must on my bookshelf. I think together with scripts and strategies in hypnotherapy and this book are great for a beginner. I think I will be using this book a great deal in my hypnotherapy career.
on 23 December 2012
This book is a fantastic tool to the qualified hypnotherapist. it will increase your existing knowledge and teach you a variety of new techniques. Don't be put off by the price.

Another amazing book on scripts.
Scripts and Strategies in Hypnotherapy: The Complete Works
on 9 January 2012
I feel this might be of some use to someone in training who wanted to buy a cheap resource with very limited scripts/deepeners. I thought about giving it 3 stars as I do respect that it probably takes a lot of work to put a book together and get it published. Also it is a very cheap book as hypnotherapy books go. However in comparison to the excellent books by Roger Allan and Linda Hudson I felt two stars was the most I could give this one. Good for someone Learning who justs wants to spend the minimum amount to get some ideas or information. Not recommended at all for a practising NLP/Hypnotherapist, they won't find anything new in this one