on 17 December 2012
I am working my way slowly through this book, underlining points that resonate with me. I have never read a book like it. It is helping me to understand the nature of what could be reality. It deals with the "ego-self" which needs to be understood before the true self can begin to emerge. For anyone wanting a framework for living authentically this book may well offer it. I hadn't come across some of the terminology before but I'm not put off by it. The concepts being dealt with cannot adequately be put into words but they need to be called by some names. The key to me is, "Will this book help me to discover the person I wish to be?" So far the answer is "Yes." I still have a lot more of the book to read but even if I take out of it what I've been learning in the first 64 pages it's been worth every penny.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 October 2015
An interesting take on the subject. There are many books and hundreds of spiritual teachers who deal with this, it has been explained for thousands of years. Understanding the ego and moving to a point of stillness, the point in meditation where thoughts cease is not difficult when one understands the technique, then it is possible to transcend ego and not be the mind created concepts, the I that we imagine ourselves to be.
on 27 June 2012
This was just what I was looking for. A very interesting book to read, and seemed to get to the heart of spiritual issues while not from any particular religious point of view. Has taken the essence of A Course in Miracles but taken out religious language that would put many people off. What is left seems to go directly to the heart of both spirituality and the human condition.
on 29 September 2017
This book is worth reading and re-reading again, there's so many gems to be found, so many truths. A must for self development.
on 19 October 2017
A must read about the workings of the ego and who we really are. Had me stopping every few paragraphs to think and take it in.
on 26 November 2015
must read
on 24 March 2015
Outstanding book
on 2 February 2015
Too muddled and complex, therefore not usable.
on 31 December 2014
The text limited itself with the linguistic choices it had made.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 March 2013
I have already bought several more copies for friends. Persevere with this, and it will improve your life by 50%, then (somehow) get your partner to absorb it as well, and your lives will improve 100%! If the whole world read this book, it would be a very different place indeed....