Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 August 2007
This book has been so useful to me this year as a teacher and very easy for students to use. We do philosophy and ethics so haven't used the CD for the other material, but it was a great relief to lay aside several other text books and focus on this one this year. I am looking forward to using the A2 book this year also. The chapters are detailed without being overwhelming, clearly written and include enough to satisfy higher level students, whilst lower level students can select what material they want to use and jettison the rest whilst still having more than enought for exam success. This is just what teachers have been looking for.
on 4 August 2010
I'm waiting for my results but this book was like my Bible! Helped me to make notes and make sense of the course. I strongly recommend this to everyone sitting the same exam!
on 18 November 2015
Black and white, extremely laborious to read as information is not organised and it's set out in one big block, much like one huge essay. I found it very difficult to make notes from, actually had to buy another textbook to help me through. Would not recommend.
on 13 January 2011
The Edexcel AS level for Religious Studies is split into UNIT 1 and UNIT 2.
This book covers UNIT 1 only.
It does offer some 'guidance' regarding the UNIT 2 options on a CD but it gives no subject information at all.
Understandably, the UNIT 2 is essentially about self study and using a variety of materials, but even so there is not even the basics here.

So, in summary - this book is brilliant for UNIT 1 of the AS

but has no information at all to study for UNIT 2.

For UNIT 2 you will need to buy more books.

So essentially this book is covers only 25% of the A level and NOT 50% as they would have you believe
on 3 October 2011
I didn't get most of my lessons in Religious Studies but this book really helped me and made it a lot easy to understand and also it came with a CD which was extremely helpful. I really recommend this book :)
on 12 January 2015
This book has became my life saver! I really do hate the subject now I've chosen it but the book is really really helpful and is helping me get through the course!
on 9 November 2015
Book arrived quick and safe
on 21 December 2014