Format: Board book|Change

on 12 February 2009
My 11 month old loves this and has started roaring at the right place in the book! I love all Clare Beaton's books, and I think this one has some of her most complex compositions. Lovely mixture of African print fabrics, felt and haberdashery bits and pieces. The animals are instantly recognisable and babies seem to love the pictures!
on 6 January 2013
I got this book from the library for my 3 month old daughter and we loved it so much we bought our own copy. She loves the big bold pictures in the book and smiles her little head off at the cheetah especially. It's a lovely rhyming story and introduces some well known and lesser know animals to the child. I think this book will be a favourite for years to come. It will also be great for toddlers as there's a sneaky peek of the lion on every page for them to try and find and they'll love the loud surprise at the end.
on 17 November 2008
Brilliant book. my 10 month old loves it. had to buy as it was getting silly to keep getting it out of the library!
on 15 May 2015
Good book and illustrations and my boy loves the big ROAR at the end. But it is missing something as I don't think the rhyme in the text works and I haven't heard of a couple of the animals. Little ones like to see what they know.
on 20 January 2015
perfect! every page has a small part of the lion that is expected to come and my 20month old son loves it as he has noticed that and shows me the lion part hidden. finally the last page shows the lion! since he adores lions, this was a perfect book and clever. one of our favorites
on 13 April 2010
every child should own a copy of this beautifully illustrated book. Fanstastic story, children thoroughly enjoyed finding the a part of the lion on each page and joining in with the ssssh etc. Brilliant!
on 30 April 2011
We purchased how loud is a lion after enjoying 'How big is a pig'. My 18 mth old gets very excited looking for the lion on each page and loves 'roaring' along with the story!
on 1 January 2014
My Grandson (20 months) and Great Niece (12 months) both love this book! The animals are all well illustrated and the wording is fun .
on 10 January 2015
Nice book with good illustrations.