on 1 October 2007
This book has previously been published in two volumes, Catherine Atkinsons excellent Slow Cooker Cookbook and Fleetwoods One Pot Clay Pot, which I had not seen before.

The major recipe sections eg First Courses, Meat, Poultry are subdivided into slow cooker recipes and one pot meals so it is clear which type of recipe you are looking at. All recipes are illustrated in a glossy softback book. The book smaller but thicker than the Slow Cooker Cookbook making it easier to fit on the shelf, but the print size and photos have been reduced to fit the page, which may be a disadvantage for some.

The reviews of both individual books apply here. The recipes are delicious but some do need a bit of preparation beforehand. There is some excellent information on cooking techniques and ingredients, making it useful for novices and it is packed with wonderful recipes for the cook looking for inspiration.

For anyone considering buying either book, buy this and get the other free. If you already own one or both, you will not be getting anything new.
on 11 April 2011
I primarily bought this book for the slow cooker recipes but the one pot recipes are a welcome bonus.

We had a slow cooker years ago but it eventually got binned because everything tasted like, well, to be honest, STEW! Now I do like a pot of stew but only now & again & variety is the spice of life. We recently bought a new slow cooker & looked around for suitable cookbooks to give us a variety of tastes. The first couple were stuck in the same old rut, just stew by another name.

Then we came across the Best-ever Slow Cooker One-pot & Casserole Cookbook and you know what, it is. I can come home to the flavours of China, Mongolia, India, Italy, Provencal, Spain etc straight from my slow cooker.

Brilliant. Highly recommended. I'm getting another one for my daughter.
on 9 January 2011
I am new to using a slow cooker and was looking for a good recipe book - I was given this book as a Christmas gift and it is brilliant. I have loads of cookery books and normally only cook one or two things from each but this book has easily surpassed all those. I have followed around 10 of the recipes and they have turned out amazing. I love the slow-cooker recipes and have even managed to impress my teenage daughter and got her eating veggies! It has made me a more confident cook and all I had to do was stock up on dried herbs and spices... if you're bored with cooking the same old thing in your slow cooker this book is for you.
on 4 December 2012
This is a great slow cooker book, the best I've seen as it has both oven and slow cooker recipes. The recipes are also very interesting with food from many different countries and some great fish recipes. I would highly recommend if you need a could slow cooker book.
on 27 September 2011
Best-ever Slow Cooker One-pot & Casserole Cookbook
not much to say except that the wife is happy with new cook book and I don't go hungry.
Ordered and delivered all in good time, well done people.
on 1 January 2011
This is a superb cook book for those wishing to gain experience using a slow cooker or for those new to clay pot/one-pot cooking or wanting ideas for different casserole recipes.
There are some excellent explanations of the different cuts of meat, fish etc, and also how the various different techniques work and the recipes are many and varied but still include lots of traditional favourites.
on 12 September 2014
As I am now on my own--dearest one passed- I now have to cook,bake,wash and iron.The way I was brought up these activites were not a man thing--the cook book is a help.
on 24 October 2011
I bought this book after a friend lent me hers and I loved it. A really fab book, full of delicious ideas! Really easy to use I love it!
on 17 December 2013
We ordered this as a present. The production and illustrations look good, but the print is very small, about the same size as the bottom line of the card the optician gives you to read with new glasses. Much too small for the intended recipient. Small print isn't too bad if you are sitting studying a recipe, but not great if you are working from it in the kitchen. As a result we have not tried any of the recipes, however, two we looked at seemed OK.
on 28 March 2013
A family member bought me a slow cooker for Christmas and I wanted to buy a recipe book.
I read the reviews on Amazon for this one. Great!
I can't wait to try the numerous recipes.
Excellent service too.