on 8 January 2014
This book should be read when the Christmas lights are twinkling. It is so magical you'll read it time and time again. Truly the best read I've had in ages you feel as though you could step into the story at any time. Enjoy!
on 30 May 2015
To those who give up finding the book complex, wait until you reach page 100 and a bit more. It all gets connected and story starts to flow. It is certainly a gripping and enchanting novel to read especially before sleep.
on 15 April 2015
Beautifully written, this book will no doubt become a classic and will probably become a Hollywood blockbuster although of course the film could never be as exceptionally detailed and fantastical as this marvellous novel.
on 17 March 2016
One of my absolute favourites!!! You can smell the circus it is just amazing. Amazing writing, setting, characters and storyline. Takes you to another place as you read it. Will be reading it for the 3rd time this year.
on 24 January 2014
Once you start reading this you are swept away into a magical world of mystery and imagination. If you have ever visited the circus as a child and been entranced it captures that feeling of wonder and nostalgia. Enjoy!
on 5 May 2014
This is not my usual type of book, but it was recommended to me. And rightly so. It is magical and wonderful. It made me cry and it made me happy. I think this book will stay with me for a while to come. Just perfect.
on 21 August 2013
I've heard rumours that this book will be turned into a film and I am not surprised. It's got the magical feel you get from the Harry Potter series but with an interesting and an original plot.

A must read.
on 16 January 2013
At first I was enthralled and fascinated, but by the end I found it wearying and wasn't really interested in what happened to the characters. Perhaps it was too long. Well written certainly, but not my favourite book.
on 29 August 2014
I’ll keep it succinct: this truly is a beautifully written story and has become one of my favourite books. Charming, bewitching and magical are all words that spring to mind. It definitely got my imagination working!
on 10 November 2012
This book has charm, surrealism, excitement but also has a dark side. The characters are all gems in their own right. This is probably the most unusual read Ihave had in a long time, and I've loved it. Amazing stuff!