Customer reviews

on 26 August 2013
An enjoyable book that draws you into the story making you feel that you are experiencing life at that time. The only downside is the odd spelling mistake and ends of words missing off the screen. Looking forward to reading the sequel.
on 11 August 2013
This book is plainly written, nothing fancy, but it is strangely engrossing to read Jessie's story of when she started working for the NAAFI. Maybe it's because Jessie's daughter has stayed very true to the way her mother reminisced about all the memorable things that happened at that time. It certainly exerted a spell on me because as soon as I finished the book, I bought the follow-up 'The Reward for Service' which I also enjoyed.
on 13 March 2013
I very much like books related to times gone by.
I find it very difficult to believe that anybody would put up with the conditions mentioned in this book.
However times were difficult for everybody at that time as far as I'm aware it seems to me it's always the little things that count most. Jolly good read.
on 25 March 2014
Quick read and ok but would not read again or buy further books just because it came across very very light which many people will lov
on 22 September 2014
It was ok but I found it a bit dull
on 20 November 2015