on 7 January 2014
I bought this book for 5th year at med school because a friend had it and I thought it sounded useful. It was definitely a good investment and I wish I'd bought it earlier during med school. It is excellent for history taking by taking you through some of the common histories including chest pain, breathlessness and a psychiatric history. It also lists some of the differentials at the end of the history and common symptoms of these. The book also gives you a proforma on how to do examinations including the basic systems, but also hip and knee etc, but it tells you useful facts within these and explains heart murmurs and different aspects of the examinations, along with special tests. I learnt facts I never knew before. There are also a procedures section, and a communications section ie explaining drugs for post M.I.
I also bought the similar book for specialties which repeats some of what is in this book, although also goes through alot of repro histories and communication stations, some were useful i.e explaining the MMR vaccine and some of the O and G procedures, but I would say this 1st book is by all means the best. I still go back to it now I'm an F1, and it definitely got me through finals.
on 28 July 2012
Good book to have for practicing final year OSCEs. Provides a good structure and framework to follow for stations that may come up in finals, although I would not learn it word for word as any changes in the scenarios in your real OSCE may throw you off. Differentials/explanations also provided at the end of some stations which is useful. Would recommend.
on 15 October 2015
Good book and easy to use. Most topics covered for UK MBBS courses.
on 5 September 2014
Good for OSCE revision. Do allow some time to practice before the finals as there are a lot of stations to cover!
on 10 July 2014
Great reference for many of the main osce stations. Gives the top differentials with a paragraph of discussion for each after the checklist. Easy to formulate your own "histories" to test each other with the information given. Certainly perfect for third year.
on 6 April 2015
as expected
on 8 September 2013
I bought this in my early 3rd clinical year. It has all you need for OSCEs. Well written, easy to read. It is a must buy!
on 5 February 2015
All medical students, please buy this. Informative, yet concise.
on 11 March 2014
Every medical student should have this book. Very helpful for final exams! I love it. And I have passed my finals. Thanks to this book
on 1 October 2014