on 3 April 2012
My daughters loved this book. They really did, and so did I. My only regret is that my youngest got to it when I was not watching. She ruined all the pop-ups, all of them. And do you know what? They still want to read it, a thing I can't really say for any other pop-up book. Can't help wishing the paper was a bit tougher, though...
on 5 April 2015
I purchased this book via Amazon after my son saw it in a bookshop. The copy in the bookshop was damaged, certain pop - up elements did not work, so bought from Amazon on the idea that it would not have been looked at by others and damaged in the process. Having just given my son the book this morning, which arrived sealed in cellophane, I have found that actually this was a pointless exercise and a waste of the money. The exact same pop - up does not work. It seems to be getting stuck. Now having paid over £10 for this book I expected better. It's such a shame, because the story is entertaining and my son enjoyed watching it on TV. It would have been nice to be able to sit and enjoy reading it together bit with the non functioning elements, I feel bitterly disappointed at having forked out and given this to him. We've had much better pop - ups that have been much cheaper and worked properly. Will most likely return this.
on 20 December 2007
My daughter was fascinated with this book as it is her first pop-up. The only downside (as with all pop-up books) is that young children can be a little rough with the book. This is a Charlie & Lola classic and it's as much fun for parents as it is for the child(ren). The pop-ups aren't just one type: you pull levers, open big 'doors', there's wheels that change (to tell you what Lola never eats).
It's not just about reading the story, you can get involved/interact with the story too.
As Lola would say: "It is my favourite and best!"
on 15 April 2009
We love this book! The pop ups really enhance an already lovely story. My daughter has started eating fish fingers as a direct result. I enjoy talking about fruit and vegetables with all the children I look after. Many children pass my house week to week and several have already borrowed this book as they couldn't be persuaded to leave without it! One pop up has broken and I am going to have a go at fixing it. However, with supervision for under 3s (and for clumsy 3 year olds) it should have a good innings.
on 11 April 2009
This is a wonderful pop-up book. As a teacher I used this story as part of a science lesson about growing plants. The children are growing their own tomato plants and have promised they will try them when they are grown. The pop-ups are very detailed and beautiful which worked very well as a class story, although when the children were looking at the book themselves, one of the pop-ups broke very quickly, so a great deal of care is needed.
on 1 November 2010
Bought this for my 1 year old son, he loves it and wants to read it all the time, I must read it at least 6 times a day and he never gets bored and nor do I, i would recommend to everyone, ive just ordered the bedtime one aswell and are hoping they make more
on 28 December 2011
A wonderful pop up/flap book for children who are old enough not to rip it apart! I bought it for my 20month old niece, who is still slightly too young for it, but she will love it when a little older.
on 17 October 2015
Great book. Pop ups were a little stiff but loosened up.
on 2 November 2014
Great quality item that C & L fans will love!