Customer reviews

Tagus the Horse-Man: Series 1 Book 4 (Beast Quest)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 April 2017
Love this series, both 8 and 10 yr old enjoy them.
on 19 September 2015
My 8 year old boy, loved this book, he had finished it within a couple of hours.
on 12 May 2017
It's a really good book because of it's adventure and fun I would recommend it!
on 6 July 2015
ok
on 27 November 2013
I enjoy reading these to my kids they look forward to a couple of chapter at night time. Though, I have caught my 6 year old grabbing the book and reading a couple pages on his own. Who would have though exciting action packed stories of magic and mystical characters/beasts would encourage youngsters to read?

After the freeing Arcta, Tom and Ellana travel to the country side. Here their mission is to free Tagus the Horseman (a Centaur) who is attacking the surrounding cattle he once protected. During ove of these attacks a local boy is causes a bush fire and a local boy is missing. Tom is wrongfully blamed. Cut off from his friends and magical items can Tom escape, clear his name and still free the beast?

Good story, of action but the thing that stands out in this story is Tom's resolve and resourcefulness. The series continues to highlight Tom's courage in situations even when he is overmatched. The true makings of a hero.
on 19 March 2008
My son who is 7 years old and has not been much of a reader in the past, cannot get enough of these books. He has now read the whole series of 6 books within 3 weeks. He is desperate for the next series which is released in May. I would definately recommend this book and the series for young boy readers. It's a great way to introduce them into reading!
on 10 April 2012
Capturing the reader from the first, Adam Blade has created a compelling fantasy series. I thoroughly recommend this book. When I was a child it was The Hobbit that led to the large tome of The Lord of The Rings. Imposing for some primary school children but not for me, I loved them both. I've maintained my interest in fantasy literature and was pleased that my (primary age) children followed suit by reading Beast Quest books. I thought I should check it out and read Tagus. I could appreciate their interest. They created Beast Quest clubs at school and want Beast Quest parties for birthdays. I don't see anything bad for children in these books, of those I've read it's all good, the perennial struggle of good against evil in bite sized stories.

My daughter says of Tagus: "It gives the children a taste of adventure without leaving the room. I like the way the author makes the reader get excited and then the story bursts into brilliant sparks. I like how Tom seems doomed to fail then he uses his mind instead of his muscle, which teaches the reader that brain is better than brawn,"
on 19 November 2010
My six year old had the first book in the series bought as a birthday present, and he has just continued to rampage through the series since. Really good value, with imaginative stories.
on 28 August 2010
I am writing this review with my 6 year old son who is a big Beast Quest fan. He feels that this is a very good instalment of the Beast Quest series, above average. It was a funny book (in places) and the beast was interesting. The hero's had to dash about a lot in this book. Overall I'd recommend the BQ series as a good way of enticing boys to read. My son has these as bedtime stories and often reads on alone after lights out!
on 1 May 2010
My seven year old daughter is a good reader and wanted to read some adventure stories - got a bit of a tomboy streak. She saw these and we've given them a try. She's enjoyed the first series 1-6 and we're just starting on the second. Stories are relatively formulaic but enjoyable.