on 23 July 2017
My sons devour the Beast Quest series, even my youngest, who is very much what I'd describe as a reluctant reader. There's something about the series that ignites their imagination, plus they love the collectors cards at the back! Ideal for kids who are into fantasy / monsters / action and adventure.
on 19 April 2017
Although this was a previously owned book the condition was very good. My 8 yr old read it in a day and loved it. Have ordered more from the series as it was enjoyed so much.
on 9 October 2015
grandson loves these books
on 28 June 2017
Great, quick delivery and arrived in a good condition. My son loves it.
on 11 July 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I recommend it to any one especially first readers as it is easy to read . At times I was at the edge of my seat . My only concern is that the book is too short and you could read it in a hour . Otherwise it was great .
on 31 March 2014
Whilst the book itself is in good condition I was a bit disappointed that it didn't say that the pictures in the book had been coloured in. Feel a little mislead as when a description states is in good condition it usually doesn't mean except for the graffiti inside. Would have been 5 stars if not gor the misleading description :-/
on 29 October 2013
I read this to my 6 year old, a couple of chapters per night. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed reading it to him almost as much as he enjoyed listening. The language is simple as it is a children's book but the scenes are detailed and the series is fast paced and action packed.

The world of Avantia has been protected by 6 mystical beasts. An evil wizard Malvall has turned them evil using 6 golden collars. With the beasts attacking the King must send his armies to repair the damage caused by the beasts. He also sends his braves Knights to use a golden key to unlock the collars. None have returned from this take. The good Wizard Aduro finds a prophecy of an unlikely hero will release the beasts. Enter Tom the son a legendary hero, raised by his aunt and uncle. Tom accepts the Beast Quest. Of course you can't send a 12 year old out to fight dragons and such on his own. So Aduro gives him a Sword that seems to be made specifically for him. Then a wooden shield, and a great stallion called Storm. The he is told to trust his instincts about the people he will meet and those who can help him. In true dungeons and dragons tradition the weapons and the characters skills can be upgrades after battles. Also new friends could be added to the group.

Even though it is aim at younger readers it is a great story and works for all ages. Nice simple language for kids, just dark and gritty enough for more mature readers.
on 1 March 2009
i have just finished reading series 1 in the Beast Quest series and I could not put the books down, they were brilliant. The books are about a boy named Tom who goes on quests to save the kingdom Avantia and this book Ferno The Fire Dragon is the best.

I was 7 years old when i read this book and learnt to read lots of new words. I am now reading series 2 and want to get the special editions next.
on 21 March 2017
thrilling tale as tom starts a epic quest to free magical beasts from evil wizard's spell and i read it when i was 4
on 19 November 2013
This book was truely oar-inspireing,top class. Wow is the first word that comes into my head when I think of this sensational book!