• It

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 September 2013
Being a huge Alexa Chung fan I was really excited to read this book. When I finally got to read it, if you can call it that since there are about 5 texts, I was hugely dissapointed. The book consists of a few random texts, many boring pictures of people I had no idea who they were and a few drawings. Her charming sense of humour and charisma are nowhere to be found. Instead she fills the pages with pictures that try to be artistic and fail miserably. It felt as if this book was made 20 minutes before being released. I wouldn't recomend it to anyone.
on 1 June 2016
Blah blah blah, did someone actually write author next to her name. There is not enough writing to constitute a book. this is the scrapbook of the over-privileged.
on 22 May 2016
This was not in good condition !
on 8 December 2014
A must for the fashion Guru
on 18 September 2014
A teenage girls must have.
on 5 September 2016
Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of Alexa Chung. Personally, I have never understood the charm of her as a presenter but even I can admit that she has style. She is type of girl that manages to wear the clothes, they don’t wear her.

With this in mind, I decided to give her book It a try. I have to admit, I have mixed opinions. Whilst it is written well – by this I mean the actual words on the page – the actual narrative is so very disjointed and erratic. It veers from memoir to fashion advice in a rather willy-nilly fashion. It was interesting to learn more about Alexa Chung from her own perspective rather than the catwalk personality.

Overall, It is an interesting and quick read. The photographs are quirky and appealing but it is far too disjointed for my personal taste.

It by Alexa Chung is available now.
on 8 July 2016
People have hailed this book, but it's ultimately not much more than an overpriced coffee table book destined to be sold at Urban Outfitters.

There isn't much of a point to it. Alexa skates over things and never really develops ideas, culminating in a series of pointless essays about everything and anything should could think to fill the book with. You don't learn anything, it's not inspiring, there aren't any true tips or pieces of advice in there.

It must be said though that the hardback version of this book is beautiful and unique - making for an especially pretty coffee table book. Still unsure as to why both variations are priced so high. It's like this book is Alexa putting into words the fact she's idolised and adored by millions but nobody can quite figure out why.
on 22 January 2015
i love all things alexa
on 15 November 2013
I was pretty excited after hearing Alexa Chung was bringing out a book. Not really knowing what the book was about I still bought it wanting a new read.
I must say the book was very short and not amazingly structured however it was a pleasant read. Alexa is one cool chick and this comes through in her book. There's a few cool tips which I'm looking forward to trying out and it has definitely made me want to push the boundaries a bit more with fashion!
I wish there were captions with the photographs where/ when they were took ect.
After finishing the book I'm still not entirely sure what it's actually about however I enjoyed it nevertheless and will buy more of her books in the future! X
on 3 November 2013
This is a beautifully put together, funny book. The photos in it are gorgeous snaps from Alexa's life and there are candid pieces of writing, drawings and anecdotes throughout. It is quite a thin book so if you're expecting an autobiography of Alexa's life you will be dissapointed. Also if you're expecting a step by step guide on how Alexa chooses an outfit, puts her makeup on, etc, you will not find them in here. It's more of a tongue in cheek look at fashion and what inspires Alexa's aesthetic. There are brief moments where Alexa writes seriously about heartbreak or her childhood, but really it's a witty and well curated scrapbook.