Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 January 2017
I bought this book as I already had 100 Classical Pieces for Alto Sax: Graded (Dip in) and have really enjoyed playing the tunes. I particularly like the simple system of each tune having one to three stars which indicates the degree of difficulty which means that you can quickly identify the type of music (easy or harder) to play.

This book has a wide range of music from Pop, Film and Show tunes, Blues and Jazz and it is very satisfying to be able to play tunes that many people will recognise.

The music is easy to read and the book stays open very well as the cover is designed to be folded right back.

I think this book is great value as there are so many tunes to discover and enjoy playing. There are chords for an accompanist, but unfortunately no lyrics to sing along to.
review image review image
on 28 December 2011
I've been playing for 2 years and find there are some songs that are at my level and some I find difficult. All songs have a star rating: 1 star, easy: 2 stars, moderate: 3 stars, more difficult. As the book suggests, you just dip in and see what you can do. I like this approach because, as my playing skill increases, I will be able to play more of the songs. I'm teaching myself to read music, so it makes a good test of my abilities, too. The only down side for me, is there is no CD with backing tracks to play along with. When you're playing on your own, it's much better to have a band to play with. I've bought a couple of books in the 'Guest Spot' series. These are good, because you get a CD with tracks featuring a solo sax, so you can hear how it should sound, (this really helps with learning to read the music, too.) then tracks without the sax so you can solo yourself. If it had included a CD I would have awarded it 5 stars.
on 3 March 2013
Bought for my wife who is learning the Saxophone.
Includes a lot of well known songs and is in constant use.
on 13 May 2014
This is a brilliant book that will take you right through, so much to play and learn, a great one to have I your bag, arrived super fast too.
on 21 June 2015
My 12 year old son loves this book. He is studying for his sax grade 4 and finds these familiar tunes a welcome break from the exam pieces.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2016
good comprehensive music book for gradual improvement.
on 30 April 2015
very good service very good product
on 18 February 2016
Great Product
on 15 February 2010
Brilliant service, excellent product. Thank you very much, the recipient of the gift was very very pleased as was I.