Customer reviews

The Edible Garden: How to Have Your Garden and Eat It
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 July 2017
excellent book, I watched Alys Fowler on TV & this book is just like watching her again.!
on 11 June 2018
Where to start. I absolutely love this book and it’s just my sort of gardening. Alys Fowler writes well and the book is full of useful information proving that it shouldn’t cost a fortune to grow your own. I’m experimenting with different things this year and so far so good. I love her foraging book too.
on 10 January 2015
Wonderful book for any organic gardener. Alys Fowler never fails to inspire. I bought this book after reading it from the library last year. Loved it so much I wanted my own copy. It makes the dark nights and mornings of January better to read this and dare to dream of the glorious sowing, planting and harvesting ahead <3
on 18 October 2013
Great ideas to be utilized - saw the television programme & much later had the book downloaded on my Kindle. I found it full of interesting ideas & helpful information when creating or preparing your own edible garden. Can't seem to fault the book at all - and why should I - It tells you what to do and how to do it however green [or not as the case may be] your fingers may be.

If growing your own is your thing - then go for it
on 31 August 2011
I watched Alys Fowler's TV programme last year but didn't get around to buying the book till only recently...what a great gardening book this is! If asked what this book is about I'd say: sustainable self-sufficiency, permaculture, empowering oneself through the study of one's local environment, some bits of herbal medicine, interesting recipes...and much more!! Lovely, lovely book, I'm reading as I would a novel, it's that well written and flowing...not to talk about the cute drawings made by Fowler's husband...;-)
If you're into growing your own veggies and you're looking for something new and down-to-earth, in tune with what's happening with the world right now, then this book is for you!!
on 15 November 2011
In fact it's so good that I have bought two extra copies as presents. It's a really easy read, not too technical but with plenty of info to get you inspired. Unlike most other gardeners who produce similar books, Alys Fowler doesn't have acres of land to play with. She has a normal-sized back garden (like most of us have) in which she wants to grow flowers and edibles side by side. So whether you want to dabble with the odd thing or two - or completely maximise the space you have, this book will provide some excellent ideas. The photography is also fantastic and it's printed on lovely paper stock.
on 30 May 2018
Really enjoying this book. Hints and pics great.
on 12 February 2012
What a lovely book, really easy to read and beautifully set out, with lots of photo's and hand drawn pictures (by her husband). She has a lot of knowledge which she shares with a passion and as this is the nearest garden book to the set up I have at home it was a must, it has really helped me plan this years planting. I really wish they would put the television series onto DVD (that was really good aswell) as I would definately add that to my collection. All in all - recommended!
on 28 March 2016
Excellent quality and delivery. Top notch.
on 4 December 2016
Not finished reading yet, but the ethos of this book is spot on.