Customer reviews

on 12 September 2014
As we are new to a garden my husband needed some advice on pruning the many shrubs in the back garden. He loved the Alan Titchmarsh general gardening book I bought for him at Christmas so this seemed the obvious choice. It's informative and written in a way that is easy to understand.
3 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2014
Excellent informative book, especially good for those who have little horticultural knowledge and for those who are getting on a bit who have. Precisely detailed and easy to follow instructions. Just what you would expect froma pro of Mr Tichmarsh status.
4 people found this helpful
on 21 August 2017
Item used as described but well worth it. It is easy to read and follow with plenty of diagrams, hints and tips. It will prove invaluable in helping me improve my own and children's gardens.
on 12 January 2018
Bought as a Xmas present for somebody who has just planted several berry bushes. So I hope he finds the book useful.
on 22 November 2017
very useful, explains a lot of the background too so you can make your own judgements where necessary
on 28 October 2011
This is an excellent book. I bought it for my daughter who is novice gardener to help her identify the range of shrubs in the establishd garden of her new house. The book does that and gives clear instructions on pruning and maintenance -she was thrilled to bits with it. Strongly recommended.
6 people found this helpful
on 31 January 2018
Bought for the wife, it keeps her busy so worth the money...
on 2 September 2016
Looks very informative arrived quickly, I'm not very green fingered so found a few of the instructions a little confusing but that's probably just me
on 19 September 2017
A complete guide to pruning presented in a systematic and simple manner.
on 10 June 2015
Got this book to put me right on what time of year to prune bushes and shrubs,its very informative, and put me right on a few mistakes I have made,instructions are clear and easy to follow, very good little book,and would recommend it to friends,
One person found this helpful