Customer reviews

Talking Heads
Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 November 2012
Alan Bennett is the best story writer. He also picks the most talented actors to tell them. The stories are funny but they have such tender moments also. Can't get enough of Alan, keep writing.
on 2 January 2014
Bought this for a friend who had recently discovered his work. I know she'll enjoy it as much as I did - his observation is second to none - he get's under the skin of his characters - brilliant!
on 13 October 2011
This went straight into my "top ten" best ever reads.
It comes across even better than the excellent TV broadcsts.
The problem is that,after this, so much else seems to pale in comparison.
on 18 May 2013
I had this book some years ago but somehow lost it (probably lent it to someone), so I had to replace it. I love Alan Bennett's work as he observes every little detail about people so well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 July 2015
I love the feel of these pieces, the sense you get of being given access to people’s inner lives makes them compelling and confessional. I know this is a book I’ll re-read every five years.
on 1 February 2016
Enjoying stories when not sleeping well
on 20 March 2012
I AM DELIGHTED WITH MY PURCHASE. THE BOOK IS VERY FUNNY AND WILL OPEN UP MY MIND TO BRING OUT OTHER WRITING IDEAS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS.
ANTHONY MURRAY
on 16 February 2014
An excellent companion to the teleplays that combined excellence in acting with remarkably subtle characterisation and memorable dialogue. Some inevitably more gripping than others.
on 3 February 2013
After a parents evening at my daughter's school she was told she would be studying this in English for her GCSE and the teacher recommended we got our own copy. Thank you.
on 9 March 2010
Yes I know its book and not an audiobook but I can hear his voice in the written words and it brings the book to life. The delivery service was excellent as always.