on 14 September 2017
My daughter loved this book
on 8 January 2017
Not as good a story as I hoped
on 26 June 2017
Did not work on any of our devices
on 26 September 2012
I love Dick king-smith. I have read most of Sophie's stories. I can't wait to read more. This Cd is good, it is perfect to listen to when I'm too tired to read at bedtime. I could listen to it again and again. I am 7. I think my sister who is 4 would also like it.
on 23 September 2009
Excellent service, and in first class condition. I would certainly recommend this company, and use them again.
on 5 January 2010
I bought this for my son as he had borrowed a couple of other Sophie stories from the library. These are lovely stories but not in the least soppy or girly-girly. The pace of the story line is enough to keep a six year old interested but not too long that he looses interest. And I really enjoy them too... listening to Bernard Cribbins reading is like going back to my Jackanory days!!
on 15 September 2002
This is a book in a series of books all about a little girl called Sophie who is determined to be a lady farmer. In this story she gets a terrier which she names Puddle and goes on holiday to Cornwall. There she meets a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig, stays on a farm, meets some new friends and starts riding lessons. She meets an old enemy on the beach.
Sophie and her friends are a delight to the imagination. The illustrations are magic and the funny. The misspelt and incorrectly pronounced words of Sophie take your mind from this world into Sophie's. A book created to amuse it's audience. Just one of a really amusing and enjoyable series of books.
on 14 March 2013
This author has provided my children with countless hours of enjoyable stories and this is part of a nice series. The Cd's are a great way to spend long journeys or over several shorter journeys. The other books, such as Harriet's hare, are also excellent. My children even look out for this author when looking in bookshops.
on 31 July 2013
The price was good. The book was entirely appropriate for the purpose for which it was intended. I giftd it to a friend's grandchild to the delight of her mother. I have recommended Amazon to them.
on 2 September 2015
Me and my daughters absolutely love the Sophie series. These audio CDs are an absolute joy to listen to.