on 7 September 2008
This audio book is amazing! I've listened to it lots of times and still I don't get bored and I still laugh about the funny bits. David Tennant does the voices brilliantly and I love the monster, Kevin (yes, the monster is called Kevin) and his Cockney accent. The robots are also very funny. Our favourite bit is where Kevin, the black shadow of death mutters "Creature of the Night. Crikey-O'Reilly, you're full of it, aren't you?" For any Dr Who fans, I would recommend it (and so would my mother; I'm 9 years old).
on 18 May 2006
I loved this book. I own it as a birthday present. I am a Doctor who and david tennant obbsesor, sadly. But this book, which is basically a pirate book, is incredibly gripping. I loved it so much I read it three times straght, and it always entertained, yet was very scary in parts.
on 17 September 2006
OH, MY, GOD! Justin Richards that is 1 good book... and I thought The Stone Rose and The Feast of the Drowned was gr8! I was in my own world when reading this, it is my favourite book of all time! When reading I am lost in the television trying to work out whether this is a T.V adventure or a book 1! this is a fantastic book and no1 is gonna buy it, cos i am gonna but it and buy it till it's out of stock! Only joking! So, my advise is stop reading my reveiw and buy the book b4 Salvo 7-50 blows them all up!
BUY IT NOW!
on 21 July 2006
It really took me away. I thought it wouldn't be as a good as the Stone Rose but I was wrong. Mind you have been a fan since I was 1 so that might effect the review but who cares
on 8 July 2006
Great characterisation, Rose and the Doctor were written so well it was just like watching an episode on the telly. The downside to this book though was the predictability of the plot, there was only one slight surprise at the end, the rest of the 'twists' were obvious. However the book was still enjoyable to read and made me want to read to the end, with the sense of adventure from the tv series captured well. It's better than 'The Feast of the Drowned', but not as good as 'The Stone Rose'
on 2 July 2013
Great CD for any Dr Who fan, our son loves it and has listened to it several times, especially great on long car journeys, we also have it on sons MP3.
on 6 August 2007
I did think this book was one of the best. Good storyline and a good monster, Kevin, who apologises before ripping you apart. A good book, buy it!
VINE VOICEon 6 May 2006
I am a huge Doctor Who fan and I love the spin-off books as well. The Tenth Doctor transfers really well into text form and you can really believe David Tennent is speaking the lines.

The Resurrection Casket is a great concept; a world where high technology won't work; a future that has a lot in common with our past, it's a sort-of Doctor Who meets Treasure Island, and hence why this book would be fantastic for younger readers.

However with Doctor Who books, they have always managed to transfer the age-boundary, like Harry Potter, they can be read by adults and children (and those in between), and equally loved. However though the Resurrection Casket is good, it rather irritates me and probably many older readers.

Try as I might, I can't believe there could ever be robots and space ships powered on steam (I know that you are supposed to suspend disbelief for sci-fi but it is so important for the story that you can't help but notice it). Doctor Who has always had a plausible science; even though you can't quite understand it you could believe it to be true. However because steam-powered ships is so close to our own history, you can't quite get away from the 'bad-science' of the story.

Saying that, it is still a good read, and well written, if you think you can suspend your disbelief, just that little bit extra, then this is the book for you.
on 29 March 2015