Customer reviews

The Christmas Wedding
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 2 December 2012
I read this book in one sitting simply because it wasn't a long book and in James Patterson style, the chapters were short. I was very disappointed with the story line as I felt it was a bit mills and boom. There were no surprises or twists throughout it. Maybe I was expecting more of an adventure as it was James Patterson, but I was sorely disappointed.
on 2 August 2013
Is it true that either you change your life or it changes for you?

Gaby is old enough to have raised her children to an age where she is now a grandmother. Having lost a husband already she knows the depth that loving one person bring to you and she wants to not replace that love but feel it again with someone else. The only hitch is there are three men that want to marry her and devote the rest of their lives to making her happy and she can only have one.

What Gaby does is accept all three proposals with the intention announcing her decision on her wedding set for Christmas Day. When you have the world at your feet and a man that adores you, well you make sure you are walking on roses up until you say I Do!

With her imperfect family gathering around her for the occasion, Gaby works through the difficulties that your children have after they leave the nest. Everyone is searching for the perfect job, working toward a stable relationship, and trying to get children to cooperate just for one minute of the day. There is no such thing as a normal family just the pretense that you are living as such and embracing your imperfections.

The day is here, everyone is seated, and what could have turned into a comical farce becomes a romantic gesture of enormous proportion. The groom is the perfect match for the bride who knows she has chosen her perfect match, for the second time in her life. Even when additional surprises pop up Gaby says yes to everything that comes at her realizing this moment cannot ever be recaptured.

Gaby has been everything to everybody and always will be her children’s cheerleader. Yet with this one life defining decision, she is taking the forward step of being as much to her as she is to others and no woman ever regrets that decision.

James Patterson can and does write grand slam hits in every genre. He has so many facets to his talent, but his tales of life always touch me, have me wipe away a tear at the end and sigh with the knowledge that love happens at every age
on 24 March 2013
I am a huge James Patterson fan but sadly this book was drawn out and disappointing, honestly I only read it to the end because I would have tortured myself with who the main character would actually have chosen to marry on the last chapter. Such a shame but it won't put me off the fabulous Mr Patterson, just think he should stick with his murderous plots and leave the soppy stuff to others
on 3 February 2012
This is the first review I have done on Amazon.... I was very disappointed in The Christmas Wedding and have given up listening to it. I have read or listen to all James Patterson books and it was not for me.
on 30 December 2011
Having recently read "Now you see her", which was great, I decided to order his latest book (without reading the sample - BIG MISTAKE) - what a disappointment. From start to finish it was sickeningly boring. I cannot believe he actually wrote this book and it has certainly put me off buying any future books he claims to have written with another author. Take my advice - dont buy it !!! What a waste of money.
on 4 June 2013
I like James Patterson's because of the murder, mystery, suspense elements basically. This book was just not my cup of tea. I gave it up after 30 or so pages.
on 2 April 2013
Absolute drivel! I have never read such rubbish in all my life! This book is a complete waste of money. Save your money and buy something decent
on 4 July 2013
Well what can I say but I am very disappointed. I have read nearly all of James Patterson's books. This is the first book I can think of that I have not liked at all. I did not like the story line or the characters. The chapters into the lives were boring and I kept waiting for something interesting to happen - but nothing ever did. Please do not waste your money on this book.
on 23 February 2013
A bit mills and boon and not up to his normal standard, I have read all his books and loved all of them but not this one
on 8 November 2011
l have never been so disapointed in a james patterson book l had to check that he had actually written it. l would not recommend it if you are a fan of James