on 26 September 2017
This was unexpectedly interesting and fascinating. Normally I expect a story about the law from this author, but this was about American football, about which I know nothing. It was mainly set in Italy, with lots of connections with America. It was about turning failing into succeeding and without being in any way patronising. It was a bit of a page turner because I really didn't know what to expect next. A delight to read and to keep returning to. I didn't really want it to end.
on 14 October 2016
Great book from a great author. John Grisham keeps me reading by coming up with storylines that keeps me hooked from cover to cover. This was about American football which is another favourite of mine. This is based in Italy and his descriptions of food and wine makes me want to go there. If you like John Grisham this is not his usual courtroom legal drama so give it a go.
on 19 May 2012
I believe I have read every book John Grisham has written. The majority of his writings concern legal drama in the US and are compelling due to the finely crafted intrigue and the supreme quality of writing. So when this new title came out although it was not according to JG's usual formula I decided to nevertheless buy it. I was initially disappointed when I realised the subject was US football with its arcane rules and methods of play, but due to JG's easy style and well constructed storyline the book turned out to be every bit as interesting as his legal dramas.
on 30 December 2017
Something completely different from Grisham, but still a story well told.
on 30 September 2012
John Grisham write's brilliant books. However this is not one that I particularly liked possibly because it didn't involve lawyers. It was about American football. A sport that is totally boring and pointless to me. Football it most certainly is not !!
This was the first John Grisham book that I did not enjoy and I have read plenty !!
on 30 August 2017
Excellent
on 19 August 2016
I only read this as a Grisham fan and I don't really understand the sport.
on 6 August 2016
If you've ever fancied a trip to Italy this is the book that will get you on the plane.. told with a real love of the country.. plus a gentle satisfying tale of redemption and brotherhood in sport. Grisham serves up an effortless treat.
on 29 October 2017
As always an entertaining and enjoyable read. I really enjoyed the slightly different approach and subject, will read this book again.
on 27 January 2015
as an American football fan I did enjoy this book, as this is only the second book by john grisham the other being Bleachers. he doesn't dwell on the 'Plays and rules' too much to make it easier for the non football followers to understand