on 5 August 2017
Really wanted to like this book but it has done nothing to make me believe in Angels. To me it just doesn't make sense with all the suffering in the world that "all we have to do is ask our guardian Angels" for help and that they are always with us. I am sure there are people (particularly children) suffering terribly who are crying out for help right now with no comfort.
on 4 June 2017
Sorry but this wasn't for me. I normally love this type of book but to be honest I could have written it myself. No evidence at all except writers imagination. I only read half and gave it to charity shop.
on 7 June 2017
This a wonderful book and I would recommend everyone to read it. If only we could all believe angels are all around us it would be a better world. I have believed in angels for quite some time and this book has helped me to understand more. God bless you Lorna and thank you for this beautifully written book.
on 14 January 2018
A beautifully written book. A delicate subject matter whilst simply and honestly presented, is one which a challenge to grasp. It has opened my thoughts to events and circumstances, where I can now understand that; yes there was help given when needed , and it could only have from my angels, I was just too blind to acknowledge it.
on 25 December 2013
This book was recommended to my by my wonderful mother a couple of years after loosing my sister. I didn't get it straight away, instead I was led to this book by chance (by who I now believe to be my own guardian angel). I've always had a spiritual belief and been told that on many occasions, but this book solidified that belief and made me realise I wasn't imagining certain circumstances and in fact I have had visions of situations which have occurred before the actual event (even my sisters unfortunate passing). I do feel more from reading this book I have been blessed and from now on I will communicate with the angels as well as God and my sister.
Lorna, like many thousands of people, I cannot thank you enough for solidifying and clarifying my belief.. You are a truly blessed lady and beautiful selfless person who took the opportunity to share your invaluable experience, THANK YOU doesn't seem enough but I say it with all my heart and soul..
I have recommended this book on to many people many whom I've attracted during training as a life coach especially as I've attracted spiritual clients or should I say spiritual clients who were sent to me.
I'm moving onto Stairways to Heaven.... I have no doubt I'll be equally reassured..
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2011
As much as i believe in'the other side',angels,souls or spiritulism in general i have always been searching for that somthing extra,somthing that would prove once and for all.Although this book or any book written by somone else is not proof,from the minute i read about it in a national newspaper strange things started happening.From someone giving me an angel broach,an angel pig and strangly an email from my niece with a picture of an angel holding a cat.Strange because within days i suddenly lost my cat to kidney failure.It was that email that comforted me through that miserable time.
This book is a simply written account from birth of Lorna Bryne.From the moment she first opened her eyes she saw angels.She didn't know she was special,just different.Although a beutiful child she was never really excepted by others,they sensed she was different.She grew up in an extremely poor family in Ireland and went from one sad or miserable experience to another.She tells us of her conversations with her guardian angel and little pieces of her life where angels interviened,not always for her good.You would think that being 'blessed with a gift like this'that her life would have been full of wonderful experiences but even when she found love her life didn't get much better.
If you're reading these reviews then like the rest of us here you have some kind of belief system and have a need to find out more and more.I have read a few books about angels and some of the things written here i recognised and there was alot of things new to me.Overall this book was enjoyable and sad to read,enjoyable for the story of this lovely ladys' life with angels but sad for the hardship her family lived through.This book made me gratefull for my comfortable home and my happy family.Although i grew up poor compaired to Lorna Byrnes family we lived like millionaires.A book to share around.
on 7 August 2014
I wish I had read this book 5 years ago when my beautiful sister died of cancer. She was my soul mate. By reading this book I now know of my Guardian Angel who is there to help me and to realise that my sister is in a safe and beautiful place with god, and she in turn is an angel of god.
on 20 March 2017
This book was incredible I have read it twice and I will read it again highly recommended if you are trying like me to become more spiritual
on 16 December 2015
This is written from a Catholic point of view, along with the usual Catholic beliefs - which distorts the truth (all belief systems have this effect). However, it has value in that it teaches you that you only need to ask for help when you need it, and you need to keep paying attention and have faith. Plus it's always good to hear about experiences from someone else's point of view, reminding us that not everyone looking at the same thing will have the same perception of it. It was an interesting read. :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 January 2015
I loved this book and its beliefs. I am a person who loves her faith and would love it to be stronger. I can relate to this book in so many ways and find that even after reading this book that I am still inclined to think to myself that 'what are you at?' why are you thinking like that?' do you think you are special?'
These are questions that I run through my head quite often. At times I find that I am then thinking it's wrong to be thinking and reading more Christian books as I am afraid that I am offending my Catholic faith? But I do know deep down my faith is my faith, that I do really believe in God, that I do really believe in Angels. That whatever is meant to be will be and that we should always pray to be able to accept the outcome and keep moving on from it. Every day is a learning experience and to be thankful for it. When I am down in my feelings or even feeling joyful I will start to sing in song all Holy Songs that I've learned through my school years. Then I smile as I know this is my God communicating to me. After reading this book I know it's definitely My Angels helping and guiding me through!! Thank you Lorna Byrne