Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 July 2014
I did find this very interesting especially from the medical point of view although some of the accounts of experiments on animals - particularly subjecting them to stress - were distressing. We all know stress is prejudicial to health and meditation is certainly one of the answers. I didn't find this book as easy to read as some of Deepak's others which have always left me feeling uplifted and which I have read over and over. I'm afraid an ageless body is not a realistic aim.
on 15 August 2017
It put a new perspective on my future years. I don't have to give in to old age, I can still live a gracious life. Many of these insights will be put into practice so that I have life in my older age. I will take up meditation and a positive attitude in general, and be more proactive in what I do, also I will be so many years young instead of old. Here's to many more active and healthy years ahead.
on 17 October 2016
An excellent philosophical, yet practical book on how to live a full and satisfying life, up to the day you die. And even then, be able to recognise that death is simply another part of the eternal cycle of life. As a writer and blogger myself, i shall take inspiration from this book. There were many times when I was left breathless with the depth of this book. I thoroughly recommend it if you want to make every moment of your third age count.
on 26 February 2014
An inspiring read which fundamentally challenges the way one looks at life and the process of ageing. Beautifully written , with Assertions backed up by research, this book reads very differently from many of the cheesy self-help books on the market. I would say it is a moderately challenging book in terms of the writing and although it does lend itself to some dipping in and out, I'd say it is better read as one, seamless piece of writing. Will return to it again and again for inspiration.
on 28 February 2015
Lots of facts from research which I assume are accurate, and which are used to inform the reader about his body, how it ages and what he can do to slow down or even avert the process. Very clear practical useful advice.
on 18 May 2017
this replaced a book I used to have, and lost in one of our house moves, my husband is now enjoying it.
on 21 September 2017
worth a read
on 8 March 2013
Most interesting read, I am slowly working my way through it. May be useful for others needing a new view on life.
on 27 October 2012
The summary as written on line prepared one for this book. No great surprises. Enjoyable to read if this is your taste in literature
on 19 March 2013
Deepak Chopra is a wonderful teacher of the mind body spirit connection. I came to this book after reading "Conversations With God" and it takes the reader onto a deeper level of understanding.