Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 15 March 2007
As a one fingered typist, I'll make this brief. I love this book because:

a) Martin Boroson writes very well - it's like having a conversation with a good friend.

b) It's incredible what you can get from one minute.

c) In the nicest possible way, this book really is a One Minute Wonder!
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2008
There are less than 200 short-ish pages to the book, but as with anything of this kind you need to spend time doing, not just reading.

In this case the doing is very straightforward, consisting of a series of one-minute breathing/meditation exercises, which are explained as part of an articulate and interesting overall narrative.

A couple of weeks after buying this book and going through it intermittently on crowded commuter trains, I checked my blood pressure at home. Finding it rather above my trend, I did a "portable minute" and found my BP had come down to below trend. I've kept measuring the effect and typically my systolic rate comes down about 10 points, though both my diastolic and pulse rates remain about the same, going up or down a point or two.

I'm not passing this experience on in order to recommend the book as a cure for high blood pressure, but to point out that the effects of this easily-mastered technique are clearly not "just in the head".

I remain happily surprised at how many spare minutes there can be in even a hectic day, and what a bonus each can be.
on 10 September 2015
Am living this book. It is interactive and helps to set a very easy routine for practicing meditation which is what I was looking for. And the most important, to learn how to be able to do it virtully anywhere. Great to help us be aware of our thoughts and to choose our best behaviours. Feeling much more connected to life's beauty and feeling more fucused and centered in what really matters to me. Deeply pleased and grateful for finding this book.
on 23 June 2007
This book teaches us that we can all regain composure, balance and inner peace in just a minute. Life is hectic enough and to find an hour to meditate is just not possible for some. Read this and learn that where ever you are, on a bus, at work or walking to work you can find a minute to go within and regroup your energy and focus for the day. It really only takes a minute - so read, learn and then give yourself the gift of a minute a day to help you live a more harmonious and joyful life.
on 23 April 2007
Having read and bought many such books was delighted with this!!

And I continue to enjoy and start to really savour more 'moments' = as the author encourages me to practice and develop being mindful for a minute each day. Interesting how challenging that is - crazy!!! It can really make a difference right now........... try it!! Close your eyes, breathe in and out 4/5 times

I enjoyed the size of the book, just right to slip into a bag and be reminded of the practice wherever I am - a delight so that I can really have it as an ongoing tool in being more focussed in my life.
on 3 November 2011
How to meditate in just a minute! Great.

It's a great little read - he writes well. Really clarified for me a few things about meditation.

And the one minute practice is a great idea. Although I wasn't able to make it fully part of my daily practice I did learn something really useful from this book - and do sometimes still follow the approach - when I have a minute :)
on 23 January 2016