Customer reviews

Last Seen in Lhasa: The story of an extraordinary friendship in modern Tibet
Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 January 2014
I enjoyed this book especially the friendship between the two women, Claire and Ani, the Tibetan Nun. I found their friendship beautiful and awe inspiring. The book opened my eyes to life in Tibet and how hard it is for Tibetans.
on 18 March 2018
interesting journey through Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism
on 18 January 2016
Service excellent.
Very pleased, brilliant book that I have read and bought for a friend as a little gift.
on 24 February 2014
Beautifully written story. One of the best books I've read in years. Story of a beautiful friendship and of the plight of the Tibetan people. Claire Scobie's writing is so fresh and vivid; I felt like I was there.
on 13 January 2008
I bought this book yesterday and finished it today. I was gripped from start to finish.

I thought that I knew a bit about Tibet, now that I have finished the book, I know a lot more and have a yearning to read books of this calibre that are about Tibet and her people.

It would be nice if Claire had a blog to keep us up to date with the characters from the book because I feel that I know them all as friends now.

On a side note, I kept listening to Tai Chi Too by Oliver Shanti and Friends whilst reading this book and it proved to be the ideal soundtrack.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2010
I had been looking for this book for ages as I had first read it through a library.Was so pleased to find it on Amazon and it was delivered in good time for my daughter's birthday.
We both felt that the author's journey was more to find solutions to her own problems and that the rare flower she was seeking, was symbolic of the friendship she found with the Tibetan nun.
"Last seen in Lhasa" by Claire Scobie