Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 February 2015
I looked through this book before I bought it but it is not what I was after. It is a great book if you are after making cupcakes for a wedding (yes, I know that this fact is made clear on the title) but I thought that it would give me ideas on how to decorate normal cupcakes. Still, they mostly make use of icing and fondant, which for me are far too sweet. Still the cupcakes really look amazing so they will be a good source of inspiration for everybody, not only those after using them for a wedding! The photos are wonderful and the recipes don’t look outrageously difficult. I am going to try out the Filigree Hearts, The Rich Chocolate Swirls, Midsummer Wedding and The White Chocolate and Frosted Fruit. At the beginning of the book there are two pages with the basic recipes and two pages with decorating techniques (you can find a lot more on Youtube). At the end you have a conversion table, a glossary and in the beginning an index. The idea of tying a bow around each cupcake is wonderful and so simple… it will complement the cupcakes very nicely. All in all this is a delightful book and great to give as a present for someone interested in cupcake decoration brought to an higher level! Maybe I try a few of the other recipes so that I can photograph them and then give the cupcakes away as I can’t possibly stand all the sweetness!
on 6 May 2012
I bought this expecting something a little special inside, however the cupcakes inside are something i'd make for a sunday tea! however a beautiful book never the less. sorry/ :0(
on 29 June 2012
Really good little book with some good recipes and ideas. Would recommend this to all people interested in cupcakes. Good value for money book.
on 4 February 2013
Great selection of cupcakes for your special day. Very simple and straight forward instructions to follow with pictures as well.
on 7 January 2014
this is a neat little book with many great ideas for changing the look for different occasions A*** seller, recommended
on 15 July 2014
Very helpful book with some lovely ideas. Will be using it when I make the cakes for my Son's wedding.
on 20 February 2016
72 cupcakes for my son's wedding coming up!