Customer reviews

on 27 April 2011
Superb little book, a feast to the eye thanks to the amazing photos, just flicking through it makes you feel like baking and inviting people for a tea party. A great choice of recipes, both sweet -majority- and savoury to tempt your palate and most importantly, it must be said that the recipes do deliver the expected results. I also liked the fact that recipes were classified around a themed tea partie eg: Mother's Day Tea, Japanese tea, WinterWonderland, French Tea, Southern-style Tea, Russian Tea Ceremony, Tropical Tea, Sweet Sixteen etc...In most cases I find this kind of classification annoying as it can make it difficult to locate a recipe but here I found it inspirational as the selection of recipes in each chapter matches the theme to a T. The fact that the recipes are presented together on one picture at the beginning of each chapter also helps to visualise your tea party should you follow the suggestions given. Definitely a good buy.
on 9 February 2010
I bought this book on a whim and was so glad I did. Not only does it have some inspirational ideas and lovely recipes it is also very informative. I enjoyed reading the brief history of tea parties/ceremonies and about the different flavours of tea available. It is a stunning book with beautiful photos and delicious mouth watering recipes. It takes me back to when I was little and my Mum used to do afternoon tea on a Sunday with delicious cakes and other treats. I can't wait to give some of the recipes a try and throw my own tea party!
on 27 April 2011
on 1 February 2010
This is a great book. Bought for a 12-year old girl for Christmas, we've been having themed tea parties almost every weekend since. Full of enticing recipes and facts about the suggestions, it really does make you feel like opening a tea room to share the enthusiasm.
on 21 March 2010
This book is fantastic - everything I've tried has had thumbs up from my lucky friends. Snow-topped coconut cake, blue cheese and pear crostini,mini croque monsieurs, dark chocolate cake, smoked mackerel pate on toast,and more. Delicious! Treat a friend with a sweet tooth to this and maybe you'll get some cake in return ;)
on 30 October 2010
Love this book, really delightfully old fashioned tea themes, as well as themes from around the world! Great recipes - both classics and unusual treats for tea. Even tells you where you can buy the right crockery for it! A pleasure to look at even when you are not baking that day!
on 13 October 2009
If you like a slice of cake and cup of tea at about 4pm then this is the book for you. Wonderful ideas for cakes, tea and table decorations. It'll make your mouth water just reading.
on 24 October 2013
I plain on holding a tea party next summer for my friends.which I have know for years.we are know as rent a crowd.over the years we have had many dinner party's and I thought it would be different to hold a tea party.i like this book because it covers most of whot I want to do and the pictures are a joy to look at.a lovely book.glad I have one.
on 3 April 2014
This is not just a list of recipes, but there are delicious sweet and salted dishes well combined in menus for every occasion and guest.
Beautiful photos encourage to cook.
on 11 November 2016
Very useful little book. Highly recommended.