Customer reviews

Grandparent's Journal
Format: Stationery|Change

on 10 January 2018
This is a beautiful book in which I'll be keeping alive and passing onto my grandson, all my beloved memories. The ones I have treasured all my life in my heart are no longer to be dying with me, he will know about them. Grandfather and Grandmother share stories from their parents, their childhood, their children, the child's parent... a lively family tree. and I like very much the fact there are pockets to put some photos, papers, whatever small heirloom you wish.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 January 2018
Lovely gift and keepsake. A real project for the recipient!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 January 2010
got this journal for a friend who'd just become a grandmother....she was delighted and JUST the reaction i'd expected. LOVELY PRODUCT
on 5 January 2016
If you are considering buying this journal and have seen any others on the market, stop comparing them (as I spent ages doing!) and just buy this one! It's so lovely! There are many wonderful questions in it; things which I wish I'd asked my own grandparents. There are a handful of Americanisms, but it is still a beautiful gift that will be treasured by generations!
on 19 December 2012
just what I wanted for both sets of Grandparents, gives lots of prompts and ideas to get memories flowing. Just a shame it tales about graduation, proms. thanksgiving etc
on 11 March 2011
We got 2 of these, one for my partner's parents and one for my mum. It works well if the grandparents in question are still married/following the nuclear family standard and for the religiously inclined as half the questions seem geared to relatives wedding days, the grandparents wedding day, clothes/expectations etc. Also, some questions are very biased, such as assuming you bake cakes with a woman and go to the park or play sports with a man, something my mum cannot really relate to as she both played sports and baked cakes, which most people probably do... I ended up writing my own questions about what she has done in life such as career, travels etc as this book seem to think marriges are the only important thing to aspire to. The book is otherwise nicely laid out and if you have a traditional family with uncomplicated family trees this would be a good purchase.
0Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 December 2015
The product looks great but they were delivered in bad condition. Bent pages and a sticky stick label placed on the front of the book that can't be removed without causing damage. Someone has already tried to remove them so they're either damaged returns or the manufacturer has skipped quality control.
on 11 March 2013
I was very pleased with this Journal. The only little problem is that it is probably geared up for the American market, but otherwise it was a great book.
on 24 December 2014
its ok, looks pretty, but questions are geared towards US citizens. Its not worth the cost, I sent it back.
on 12 February 2014
The presentation is good but I am not overkeen on some of the categories. The format is a bit limiting.