TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 August 2010
I have a number of these small hard-backed "Easy" books published by Ryland, Peters & Small and I find them to be very useful for quick meals after work. This one runs the whole range of vegetarian dishes from brunch; starters & snacks; soups; cheese & eggs; salads & sides; pizzas, breads & tarts; pasta & noodles; rice; beans, lentils & chickpeas; one dish meals and finally puddings.

As the title implies, everything is quick & easy to prepare. The photographs look so tempting that they encourage you to start cooking. I have been induced to make weekend breakfasts when guests stay over including cinnamon-soaked granola with fresh fruit, & blackberry pancakes just because the photos looked so luscious. The recipes are simple but it looks like you have put in a bit of effort. There are several good soups, my favourites being butternut & cashew nut soup & a rich root veg soup with a tarragon drizzle. Other favourites are herby potato rosti (served simply with a salad); onion, thyme & goat's cheese tarts (using ready made puff pastry so they are really quick - I don't like goat's cheese so I substitute with mozzarella which works fine); molten cheese & gremolata calzone; vegetable tian; & chickpea & vegetable curry.
on 14 October 2012
I bought this book, and the Easy Vegetarian One Pot book, when I first became vegetarian. As the title suggests the recipes are really easy to follow. This book helped me stick to my vegetarian diet. It also helped me to develop some of these recipes to make the meals cheaper or to use different ingredients. There are so many wonderful recipes to try out and the pictures used really catch the eye. It dis-spells the myth that not eating meat means that your diet becomes boring and restricted. I would also recommend this to non-vegetarians as it can help you get some ideas for meals if you're having a vegetarian over for dinner or just want to eat a little less meat.

There are only a couple of things that I wish they had improved upon before publishing this book. Firstly they need to make it clearer that Cheese can be non-vegetarian. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this book or the one-pot edition but it needs to have it's own page about it; instead of the small print at the front of the book next to the publishing details. Most people tend to skip that part. And finally, this book needs a bigger dessert section for those with a sweet tooth like me. :)
on 16 February 2014
Was an ok book, but doesnt meet up to my expectations
The vegetarian dishes i felt weren't as creative or original as i would have liked, nor were they as healthy as i would have liked
on 3 June 2013
I bought this as a present for a friend who is a nervous cook, he has found it really easy to follow and has promised us dinner soon!
on 4 March 2014
Bought for my son he liked it