Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 August 2009
Excellent collection of recipes, superbly illustrated, easy to follow. This is an excellent introduction to Moroccan cuisine, the recipes are easy to follow and the photographs are very good. Well worth the money, an excellent purchase.
on 11 March 2009
Like others a thin but full book and almost answers all the questions I wanted. Again I had a tagine bought for me and wanted to find out how to use it to its best which it does.

Only reason I didn't five it 5 stars was it assumed all recipes (or at least the ones I've tried) uses the hob when I would like to have used the oven.
on 19 September 2007
This is quite a thin book, which obviously limits the number of recipes inside. The ones that are included though look and sound delicious. I have bought this as a gift, but I am seriously hoping that the recipient will cook one of the recipes for me!

The photography is great, with full page colour photos of all the main recipes. There are also recipes for preserving your own lemons and an accompaniments section.
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2009
This is a great recipe book if you have a tagine. Plenty recipes to choose from, and very easy. My friend borrowed some of the recipes from the book, even though she didn't have a tagine. She tried them out in a saucepan and said they were very good, so she decided to buy a tagine and has ordered the recipe book as well.
on 24 August 2009
I recieved this book along with my first tagine and it has since been the source of many delightful dinner parties.

The book calls for ingredients that are easily found in your local supermarket and the tagine recipes are easily contructed accompanied by some beautiful photography to really get your imagination going.

The recipes are varied in their ingredients and range from the dark, sticky lamb tagines with preserved fruits to light summer tagines of fish or chicken. There are vegetable dishes and salads as well that would be suitable for vegetarians or as side dishes.

My copy is now well thumbed and my favourite combination has to be the lamb and date tagine accompanied by the carrot and chickpea tagine with homemade preserved lemons featuring somewhere for good measure, homemade flat breads and a good dollop of yoghurt to finish it off (which isn't so traditional but yummy all the same)
on 29 March 2013
Recipes are pretty good and nice range. We found we needed to increase quantities of flavourings for our tastes, otherwise they are a bit bland.
I was gutted on receiving this book to find it was so small- slightly larger than a5 size and approx 1cm thick (hard back), for such a high price tag ~£23. I also recently found it in a well known, and often overpriced, high street cook shop for just £5.99. Should have done my homework first....
on 4 March 2011
Having recently purchased a tagine I needed a cookery book to get going and couldn't find one in the shops so went on to Amazon and was not disappointed.

The book arrived very promptly and in excellent condition.

The recipies I have tried so far are delicious. It's so easy, just one pot. Can't wait to try the rest.

Angie
on 15 March 2011
I have made lots of receipes from this book some several times
I was new to cooking receipes from morocco but this book is very easy to follow, the meals taste amazing and the ingredients are readily available.
Would highly recommend.
on 6 October 2009
I had seen this book before on someone else's bookshelf and had been keen to try its recipes. The book is well presented and recipes easy to use - conjures up my trips to north africa - I can smell the spices when i open it up. I have already made several recipes and they certainly work well - shall continue to use particularly through the cold and dull winter months.
on 27 May 2010
This is a very informative book on a new type of cooking. Having bought a tagine and having no recipes for it I have been using it a few times and like it very much.